Virtex 4 deconfiguring itself ...

Hello,

We're currently working on a design running on a Virtex4 SX35. That design uses most of the resources of the FPGA (around 80% of the slices and 50% or the BRAMs/multipliers). We're working on the AVNET SX35 kit with a VGA extension card and a sdram expension card.

Depending of the datafiles we send, sometimes it completly deconfigure the FPGA ... done goes de-asserted and nothing is processing anymore ... But that behavior is not deterministric, sometimes it can process for one minute and then deconfigure, or sometimes it just can't even process 1 second without crashing ... Apparently the more "heavy" is the datastream, then faster it will crash.

Anyone would have an idea of what's going on there ?

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Sounds like your design may be drawing more current than the the power supplies can provide. YOu might try monitoring the FPGA supply voltages.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

I was thinking along similar lines as well.

-Isaac

Reply to
Isaac Bosompem

Thanks to both of you.

That's what we were thinking and it's what we're investigating ... indeed that development board seems to have a 'weak' power supply ...

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut