Virtex 4 deconfiguring itself ...

Hello,

We're currently working on a design running on a Virtex4 SX35. That
design uses most of the resources of the FPGA (around 80% of the slices
and 50% or the BRAMs/multipliers). We're working on the AVNET SX35 kit
with a VGA extension card and a sdram expension card.

Depending of the datafiles we send, sometimes it completly deconfigure
the FPGA ... done goes de-asserted and nothing is processing anymore
But that behavior is not deterministric, sometimes it can process for
one minute and then deconfigure, or sometimes it just can't even
process 1 second without crashing ... Apparently the more "heavy" is
the datastream, then faster it will crash.

Anyone would have an idea of what's going on there ?

    Sylvain

Re: Virtex 4 deconfiguring itself ...

Sounds like your design may be drawing more current than the the power
supplies can provide.  YOu might try monitoring the FPGA supply voltages.

Re: Virtex 4 deconfiguring itself ...

I was thinking along similar lines as well.

-Isaac

Re: Virtex 4 deconfiguring itself ...
Thanks to both of you.

That's what we were thinking and it's what we're investigating ...
indeed that development board seems to have a 'weak' power supply ...

Site Timeline