Ace file for design with dual ppc405

I'm currently using the Xilinx ML310 development board. Anybody knows how to generate ace file for designs with dual ppc405 core? Thank you.

Reply to
my.king

For the hardware (download.bit to system.ace) nothing is special for dual ppc405. However, if you want to initialize the bram, with an elf file, connected to ppc405_1, you should do something special.

My quick solution is "update your download.bit with your elf file using data2mem BEFORE you generate system.ace."

Reply to
weese.stanford

Hmm.. does that means I have to invoke the process manually? I'm not sure if I got you correctly. Anyways, I have a problem generating the ACE file from within the EDK (XPS) environment for this particular case (dual ppc405 core).

Reply to
my.king

Does each ppc have an elf file? If so that would probably be a problem, I don't think you can generate an ace file with more than one elf (anyone who knows differently will hopefully correct me). I think the previous advice was assuming that at least one of your ppcs has it's entire program living on chip. If that were the case then there shouldn't be a problem, you'd only have one elf that needed to be part of the ace. Does the address space of BOTH the ppcs contain stuff off the FPGA?

Reply to
Joseph

Thanks for the info.

Yes... I'm trying to test some stuffs where each processor have some tasks to complete - a shared memory space will be used to communicate between them. i can create the bitstream and download through the jtag cable, though - i was thinking of making it more 'standalone' by just booting from the CF card.

Reply to
my.king

I can't tell if you are still asking something or got it all figured out. Hope its the latter. Since no one else is chiming in, I'll just suggest again, if necessary, to get one of your processors to have it enitre address space on chip, then you don't need an elf file for it. If it all lives on chip just make sure the program you want is set to initialize the BRAMs of that PPC. Now that program will be part of the bitstream. Use the other ppc's elf to make the ace file you want. That should do it. Hope it all works out for you...

Reply to
Joseph