use ppc405 on virtex-II pro

Does anyone have reference on how to use the second ppc405 in virtex-II pro? I'm trying to write an application on each ppc, and see how two processors work together. xilinx reference manual didn't talk about how to use the second ppc, from what i read. any pointer is appreciated. Thanks.

-Eric

Reply to
Eric

I have not tired using both at once, the class I took only went into detail on using one. If you are using the VP40 or larger with two hard PPC405 macros I believe you would simply add the second one in as you would the first, building a separate local bus with a separate set of blockram etc. If you would like them to work together on a problem you would need to have one hand off pieces to the other or build a logic block or even drop in a microblaze core to handle the partitioning of the workload and common memory access etc.

Bart

Reply to
Nitro

Hi Eric,

Well nothing prohibits you from using both PPC405 in a 2VP20+ at the same time. However if you intend to use a CPU clock frequency above 300 MHz, you'd better take a look to the XAPP-755, which described a special clock macro to be used against the PPC405.

Reply to
Matthieu Michon

Here's a quick tutorial of using two PowerPC's..However there are few things that need to be fixed in the document below..But I am assuming that u can do it...I did this and modified few things and it worked....

-- Parag

Reply to
beeraka