PPC405 Question

Hi,

I am working with the PPC405 processor on a Virtex2Pro board and was wondering if it's possible to access the reservation granule where reservations for the semaphore instructions lwarx and stwcx are set?

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Robin Maleche

Reply to
Gladiator

Hi

I am working with the PPC405 processor on a Xilinx Virtex2Pro boar

and was wondering if it's possible to access the reservation granul where reservations for the semaphore instruction lwarx an [i:a40a6a8998][b:a40a6a8998]stwcx[/b:a40a6a8998][/i:a40a6a8998] ar set

Your help will be greatly appreciate

Reply to
Gladiator

The chapter on Semaphore Synchronization on pg. 128 and Appendix D on pg. 537ff of

provide detailed information about lwarx and stwcx.

lwarx and stwcx. are low-level assembly instructions always operating on a single word. They are used to implement higher-level constructs like semaphores or critical section that can then be used to atomically access larger sections of memory. Appendix D lists some examples.

- Peter

Gladiator wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser