Reconfiguring a Virtex4 DCM_ADV.

Hi All, From reading UG071, part of the Virtex4 user guide, I see that I can reconfigure the CLKFX_MULTIPLY and CLKFX_DIVIDE attributes on-the-fly using the DCM's dynamic reconfiguration port. Very nice.

My question is this. Can I use this port to reconfigure the CLKDV_DIVIDE attribute on-the-fly, and if so, how? I couldn't find a reference to this in the document.

For background, I have a >500MHz clock coming into the part which I divide by two using the DCM's CLKIN_DIVIDE_BY_2 feature. It would be nice and easy if I could use the DRP to change the divide ratio of the signal at CLKDV. It's no big deal if I can't as I could always do this programmable division in the fabric, but the DRP would make things neater.

Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Symon,

I believe that DRP can only change the attributes for phase shift, M and D values of the DCM. Not CLKDV values.

-David

Reply to
davide

Hi David, Yeah, looks like you're right. I might try some addresses when I get chance, if I find anythign I'll report back... Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Reply to
young