MPEG-2 links please

Hallo all,

I am Monica from Germany working on data transmission over DVB.I must implement a MPEG-2 frame generator in the VHDL.But to my surprise I couldnt find anything realted to MPEG-2 frame structure and low level MPEG-2 signalling details.Every site says MPEG-2 is 188 byte frame and nothing more.

Is MPEG-2 a poprietary standard?If anybody already worked on MPEG-2 related projects,kidnly give me some pointers/links reagrding MPEG-2 frame structure and low level signalling details.

Thanks in advance. Monica, Germany.

Reply to
Monica

That's the transport stream level... There are other packaging methods...

Look for the ISO13818-1 specification, everything is explained in it.

--
         Georg Acher, acher@in.tum.de
         http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~acher

Thanks alot. Monica

Reply to
Monica

I'm doing the same thing, if your problem is the transport stream (as it is in DVB) may be the ETSI EN 300 468 may be more useful....

doing a google you can find it...

-- Luis Vaccaro

methods...

Reply to