Linux driver for Embedded TEMAC in Virtex4

Hello, I am trying to run the embedded TEMAC in the Virtex4 under Linux. A design with the EMAC IP Core from the EDK is running with the Montavista Preview Kit. Now I am trying to change the adapter.c file from the Previewkit to the Xilinx TEMAC source files. Has anyone experiences with one of these parts? Thanks

Reply to
Fridolin

Check out Gigabit System Reference Design (GSRD):

It uses the Virtex4 embedded TEMAC, is delievered as an EDK project, and runs PowerPC Linux.

Paul

Fridol>

Reply to
Paul Hartke

Hallo Paul,

thank you for your mail. A few days/weeks ago I tried this design. But it didn't run. Today I started again but there are errors during translation.

My aim is to get the PLB_TEMAC and the HARD_TEMAC getting running under Linux. I have a design with the EDK EMAC core which is running under Linux. And now I tried to change the adapter.c file from the Xilinx xemac*.* to the xtemac*.* files. But this is much more difficult than I expacted.

Fridolin

Reply to
Fridolin