Please! I am in need of serious help!

Well I am involved in a project of Sensor Fusion for Unmanned Guided Vechicle. For initial protptype I need three kind of sensors

Laser Sick LADAR Ultrasonic Range Finders Milli-meter Wave Radar....

Now the problem is that this three sensor are not available commonly... So we decided that we would use close approximation of the above sensors for initial system study...

I have got some information about Ultrasonic Range Finders/Detectors.... Particualarly I am interested in Pricing and a place to Order...

After a lot of googling I am unable to find any place selling SICK LADAR and Milli-meter Wave RADAR.... Where do I get to buy SICK LADAR... and also a close approximation of Mill-meter Wave Radar... Do any of you know any place where I can see the costing and consequently order them.....

Please Help!

Reply to
natarajchakraborty2006

Google: purchase SICK LADAR

There is one for sale at the top of the list..... May be others.

Try Google for the mm wave radar, too.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

No in google there was no such link,,,, the top link is some Intelligent Control of Mobility Systems Reasearch page......

Reply to
natarajchakraborty2006

It moved.

Don Bowey

Thanx.... a lot...

Reply to
natarajchakraborty2006

Depending on exactly what you need, and how quickly you need it, and what exactly you are trying to learn from this investigation, you may want to consider simulating the sensor outputs under certain conditions. I believe there may be some matlab models floating around the web somewhere...

SICK used to be available only through select distributors. Call the main number and ask for sales, who can point you to the best option. If your work involves a real company, the distributors may have evaluators to loan. If it involves a possible sale of a large number of sensors, they could possibly be talked into it... John

John

Reply to
John Hudak

As far as ultrasonic range finders go, Polaroid not only used them in their cameras, but they also sold systems and units commercially.

Millimeter wave radar may have been used in the 1940s (war with Germany; units for England's use, etc). As far as simiulation goes, X-band radar would do, or use the ultrasonic range finder as a possible model.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanx a lot... I guess the possibility of Simulation really is one suiting me! Well I have been trying to find if some available datasets are infact available. NIST had seem to have prepared some Multi-modal registered and labeled datasets for Mobile Robots as dissucussed in the following paper:

"Performance Evaluation of Sensors on Mobile Vehicles Using a Large Data Repository and Ground Truth Tsai Hong, Tommy Chang, Ayako Takeuchi, Gerry Cheok, Harry Scott, Michael Shneier National Institute of Standards and Technology

100 Bureau Drive, St> snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Reply to
natarajchakraborty2006