MPEG-2 Encoder

Good night,

I'm in the planning phase of a wireless video server design. At this point, I could not find a single- chip MPEG-2 encoder with easy access to its documentation. Some manufacturers had mantained restrictions about access this parts documentation, specifically Conexant (CX23416); Hitachi (NLC0190BPQ); Fujitsu (MB86393) and NXP (SAA6752HS). Does anyone knows a MPEG-2 Encoder with documentation available and sold normally in semiconductor market?

Reply to
JNETO

JNETO wrote in news:1190004236.734108.60600@

57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

If you are serious, you could likely get the documentation you need from those manufacturers. Keep in mind that using MPEG2 will require you pay a licensing fee to the MPEG Licensic authority, and those documents are likely restricted until you can prove a valid developer/manufacturer license.

Reply to
Gary Tait

Good night,

Thank you for the post. I wasn't aware of this stuff. How GNU/Linux/ Unix deals with this?

JNETO

Reply to
JNETO