MPEG-2 Encoder

Good night,

I'm in the planning phase of a wireless video server design. At this point, I could not find a single- chip MPEG-2 encoder with easy access to its documentation. Some manufacturers had mantained restrictions about access this parts documentation, specifically Conexant (CX23416); Hitachi (NLC0190BPQ); Fujitsu (MB86393) and NXP (SAA6752HS). Does anyone knows a MPEG-2 Encoder with documentation available and sold normally in semiconductor market?

Reply to
JNETO

Hi, why not try these following vendors who also make MPEG ICs.

SIGMA DESIGNS

Toshiba Corp.
ESS TECHNOLOGY
NEC Electronics
or
Realtek

Srini EMITT Solutions

nsr

You can also try Magnum Semiconductor which for sure makes MPEG encoders and lot of data is available on their website

Srini EMITT Solutions

nsr

Thank you Srini,

I've browsed all websites that you sent me, but I could not find links with enouth data to evaluate electrical and logical characteristics (examples bellow) of each chip. Without this, there is a great risk in purchasing a developer kit, for example. Dou you have any other sugestions?

JNETO

Reply to
JNETO

JNETO wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

Ask the suppliers what qualifications and credentials are needed to access the proprietary data, then get those credentials, if you don't already have them.

Reply to
Gary Tait

Gary Tait snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

It is usually an NDA, though sometimes with an "impound" fee that can be as high as US$10,000, possibly even more.

Reply to
JosephKK

JosephKK : Thank you for your response. This business model is really new for me. This US$ 10K is high, and now is necessary to evaluate this as a investment.

Gary Tait: I'm not intended to access private data, but understand how MPEG-2 encoders can be brought and used. Remember that there is lots of complete datasheets available in the web provided directly by chip's manufacturers. Some semiconductors are even more complex than MPEG-2 encoders, but this data can be accessed freely and legally by any user. I'll evaluate the risk of a +US$ 10K investment, thats all.

Reply to
JNETO

JNETO snipped-for-privacy@uninet.com.br posted to sci.electronics.design:

The other side of the coin is that the fees may not be that high. You cannot know until you ask.

Reply to
JosephKK