Modelsim simulations without ISE

I'm trying to do some simulations in modelsim that use one of the xilinx libraries (Specificially the RAMB4_S4_S4), but when I don't include the source to that I get an error:

C:/Modeltech_xe_starter6/xilinx/verilog/src/unisims/RAMB4_S4_S4.v(651): Unresolved reference to 'glbl' in glbl.GSR

I know that the file glbl.v exists (in my case it's in C:\Modeltech_xe_starter6\xilinx\verilog\src\glbl.v), but I don't know how to make modelsim aware of this file and to use it so that I can simulate the block RAMs. Does anyone elase know how to make modelsim work without having initiated it from within ISE?

Thanks, Arlen

Reply to
gallen

vlog glbl.v vsim work.your_test_bench work.glbl

HTH, Jim snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (remove capital letters)

Jim Wu

I did similar kind of thing a few years back with NCLaunch. what you need to do is compile the package file (in your case the glbl.v) file in to your work directory. Then refer to those files from your file (like use work.all).

Reply to
Praveen

This doc has it all..

cant believe I used the same doc 4 yrs back!

Reply to
Praveen