Modelsim Warning

I am getting the following warning in Modelsim

# ** Warning: Design size of 10053 statements or 1 leaf instances exceeds ModelSim PE Student Edition recommended capacity. # Expect performance to be quite adversely affected.

When I run simulations, I do not see any waveforms and it just freezes there forever. My design size if around 1000 lines. I do have other vhdl files for other projects. I have Modelsim Student edition.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks

Reply to
FPGA

Remove 53 lines or buy a license.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

I want to add the ieee_proposed library which can be found at

. I was unsuccessfull in adding it the last time, so I just copy pasted the files in the current work directory. Now, I am getting warnings that # ** Warning: Design size of 10053 statements or 1 leaf instances exceeds ModelSim PE Student Edition recommended capacity. # Expect performance to be quite adversely affected.

I just found out that the packages in ieee_proposed that I added in the work dir are huge and thats what is causing the problem. Please suggest on how to add this library and also if I would still get the same problems with the size even after adding the packages into a library

Thanks

Reply to
FPGA

Glad you figured it out.

It won't matter where the library is. You are over the limit of the student license, once you compile it into any library. Pick a simpler project or call Mentor.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Which tol do you suggest I use. I work on VHDL and Verilog. I need something very basic.

Reply to
FPGA

Some companies, for example Xilinx, have full-featured products (i.e. high-demo boards) at very low prices. Perhaps Mentor or some other simulator company would be able to help you. HTH

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum