Dual microblaze system, implemented with projnav.

Hello,

I realized a design with two Microblaze with XPS 6.1, in a Virtex II-pro. The two processors are independant, execpt for the clock and reset signals. This design works well. My aim is to separate nom the two microblazes in distinct VHDL entities. Thus I exported the design in Projnav, creating a top-level entity ("stub") and a sub-module containing all the wrappers. All that is generated by XPS. If I program it without changing anything, it works.

Then I created a new VHDL entity and copied all that concerned the second Microblaze in that new entity. The implementation reports no problems, but on the FPGA; it doesn't work. Then I tried something simpler: to delete the second processor from the design, but it doesn't work either.

I think maybe there is a memory allocation problem, I don't really know how to deal with the BMM files in that case. Or maybe ISE 6.1 doesn't support a two-microblaze architecture???

Amaury Anciaux

Reply to
Amaury Anciaux

Amaury, ISE does not know whether there are 2 or more microblazes in the deisgn. Microblaze is just like anyother HDL module of your system, as far as ISE is concerned.

Once you separated the design into two parts, how are you connecting them together. This will change your design hierarchy and hence BMM/UCF files will change too. Also, double check to make sure you are connecting all the clocks appropriately.

Amit.

Amaury Anciaux wrote:

Reply to
Amit Kasat