C source code website for Zilog

Anyone know of a good site for example software?
Thanks.....
Eric

Re: C source code website for Zilog

I see there haven't been any replies to your post yet.  Perhaps that
is because it is very vague.  What sort of example software are you
looking for?  Which Zilog processor?  The Z80, Z8, Super8?

Here's one possibility:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
    puts("Hello world from a Z80 C program!");
    return 0;
}

There are C compilers that produce code for Zilog processors that will
make an executable for this, that will run under a hosted environment,
such as the CP/M operating system, or even an embedded system with an
appropriate set of stdio functions.

In general, C code is C code is Code, the language is deliberately
designed to provide portability between different architectures, and
hide, to a certain extent, differences between processors.

Can you be more specific about what sort of C code you are looking
for, and which Zilog processor?

Here are some general links:

For the Z80:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/3938/z80_home.htm

Also search Google for "cp/m" for a large amount of Z80 information.

Also check Zilog's web site:  http://www.zilog.com .

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Thanks for your reply,
Eric Larson

Re: C source code website for Zilog

Z8 the dinosaur of Zilog? wouldn't the Z80 be more qualified for that?

Meindert

Re: C source code website for Zilog

Actually, Zilog dinosaurs include the Z800 and Z8000.  The Z8 is more like
the Alligator of Zilog.. It should have gone extinct 65 million years ago
but it somehow lives on..

Re: C source code website for Zilog

You still are not making yourself clear.

Are you looking for:

1.  A C compiler for the Z8?

2.  C source code that can be compiled with a C compiler that you
already have for the Z8?

If the answer is #2, what kind of C source code do you want?  What do
you want it to do?  Control an LCD display?  Read a CD and play music?

What???

In your mind you know what it is that you want.  But nobody on this
newsgroup, or any other newsgroup, can read your mind to find out what
it is.  If you want help, you have to explain exactly what it is you
want.  Be specific.  Use more words.

I might know exactly where to send you for what you want, but I don't
know that because you haven't made it clear what it is that you want.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Eric

the

Re: C source code website for Zilog

This sounds as if you want the start-up runtime source for some
distribution.  I can't help you, but maybe Jack or someone else
can.  However your chances for help will be much better if you
desist from the annoying top-posting.  That means your answer goes
after (or interspersed with) the quoted material, after snipping
non-germane material.

BTW such source is likely to be mixed C and assembly, or require a
specialized C compiler that can accept assembly code.

Re: C source code website for Zilog

 Have you asked Zilog ?
 I think this qustion was some legacy-maintenance project,
( hence the OTP Z8 and not FLASH eZ8 ) but the two are very similar.

 The new eZ8 tools are likely to be able to also generate code for the Z8,
(since that is where they came from ) and there are certainly examples on
Zilog's web covering the eZ8, such as this i2c
one :

http://www.zilog.com/docs/z8encore/appnotes/an0126-sc01.zip

 If you want a cheap debugger, then in the best tradition of 'making use of
what's available', why not get an eZ8 development kit, and use that
as a development vehicle for the older legacy device ?
 Some conditional compile may be needed, but you also get the ability
to launch new designs using the eZ8, plus good training in the
'Z8 gene pool mindset'.

 To be even looking at the OTP Z8, you must have some serious legacy
momentum,
in the form of existing products - which also implies existing code ?.

 Zilog do not show 'Migrating Z8 to eZ8' style whitepaper, but you could ask
them,
or someone here may know just what is the same/different at the lowest
binary and tools levels.

-jg

Re: C source code website for Zilog
Hi,
Surprisingly, I got very little real support from Zilog. They were more
interested in trying to sell me on a newer chip. You're right, it is a
legacy product. The current code is written in assembly and the company
wants to update it to C so they can "stich-in" code for a bus they are using
with their other products. Anyway, this is a small project to "get my feet
wet" and I have been looking examples that I might learn from...I also spent
some time trying to locate a IDE/C compiler that didn't cost a fortune. When
you compare some of the IDE prices to what Zilog is selling for $50 it
leaves you with the feeling that you are being taken......so $1,200 dollars
later we have the IDE. I think Zilog would have told me that the eZ8
compiler/emulator would have work....at least one would hope. I guess I
should start looking at later chip source for examples...thanks for your
reply....Eric Larson

of
ask

Re: C source code website for Zilog

Have you failed to notice that every answer you received has
quietly repaired your rude top-posting.  Why do you persist in it,
especially when given an explanation?

Re: C source code website for Zilog
Whatever you are talking about, I have no clue.........or the energy to
figure it out.....sorry if you feel offended by my lack of newsgroup
etiquette.
Eric

Re: C source code website for Zilog

You received the following response from me earlier:

Further reading:

http://fmf.fwn.rug.nl/~anton/topposting.html
http://www.malibutelecom.fi/yucca/usenet/brox.html
http://members.home.net/krobb7/quoting.html
http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk /
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g.mccaughan/g/remarks/uquote.html

Re: C source code website for Zilog

Did you try this site: www.zworld.com? Choose the product: "Jackrabbit (BL1800)".
There are some C Dynamic examples.
Alex.

Re: C source code website for Zilog
I didn't find anything to download if that is what you were
thinking......thanks anyway.........
Eric

(BL1800)".