Example of good documentation

My daughters's guitar amp started making popping noises. It might be the zener chain. I am impressed with the downloadable service manual.

    Boris Mohar
Reply to
Boris Mohar

Well, it's pretty much well-established that I'm weird, but I find it interesting that the French for "Power Source" is "Alimentation", which, in English, means "Guts", more or less. (i.e, your body's "power source".) :-)

I also once saw a pack of ramen with the instructions in Chinglish or so, where they called the noodles "alimentary paste". Certainly brings up a different image in English! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich, but drunk

Alimentar is the verb for feeding in Spanish, which seems appropriate

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

martin griffith a écrit :

Same in French. Alimentation has nothing to do with guts, except that some might pass through.

--
Thanks,
Fred.