Subject Author Posted Replies

ARM-JTAG Pinout
I have several ARM evaluation boards, and they all have exceedingly similar pinouts on the JTAG port, varying only in how they treat TRST. Is there a standard out there on what the JTAG port should...
2
2

Controlling 230V 100W Electric Bulb using 8051 microcontroller.
Hi, I am designing a 8051 microcontroller system. It has ports for interfacing. How can I control a 230V 100W Electric Bulb using 8051 microcontroller ports? In essence, how do we control high voltage...
17
17

One pin, one component oscillator with GA144
Chuck Moore has published the code to run an oscillator on one processor of a GA114 chip. It uses a single 10 Mhz resonator and no other components hanging off one pin. This works in principle also...
6
6

Power Line Communication
Hi, Can anyone maybe steer me in the direction of a Power Line communication chipset that makes it easy to add a full duplex asynchronous link of 115200 Baud over a 24V nominal power bus ? I see there...

ARM Cortex M3 compilers - gcc vs arm-cc ?
Hi, Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of gcc vs the arm-cc compiler for ARM Cortex M3 development? I understand that the ARM compiler always used to be said to give smaller code size with the...
19
19

how to use volatile key word?
how to use volatile key word? Assume I have a global variable shared by two or more tasks. Do I need to declare it as volatile? When will a non-volatile global variable be written back to memory from...
11
11

Cheap GSM/GPRS/EDGE modem ?
Hi, I'm looking for a GSM etc modem module like eg the ublox Leon but they seem really expensive at =8080+ for a sample. I already have a tcp stack so don't really need that to be built into the modem...
5
5

South African Power Supply
I have been asked by a customer to supply our product in South Africa, 1000= , and he requires it with a wall mounted power supply fitted with the 15am= p mains head (old UK BS546 15Amp round three...
5
5

Freescale 9S12X:I'm not able to route interrupt to XGATE
Hi,from Milan,Italy I want to use the XGATE coprocessor in a 9S12X Freescale uC I followed indications in AN3144 but i cant reach the interrupt routine for XGATE in case oft PeriodicInterrupTimer0...

FT2232H - what is the state of pins in channel B, when synchronous FIFO mode is used?
Hi, The datasheet of the FT2232H chip states, that the channel B is unavailable, when we select the synchronous 245 FIFO mode in channel A. However I'd like to know, what is the state of those pins,...

A Sign of a Real Engineer
So, my #1 son, 19, was in the hospital for surgery. (Nothing life threatening, but one of those Must Be Done things). He's coming out of general anesthesia, still woozy, and the nurse is explaining...
42
42

DMA losing sync on ST ARM processor
I'm using an STM32F103VB, and one of the things that I'm doing is doing a set of ADC reads which are then being transferred via DMA to a buffer. For some reason, when I'm debugging the DMA transfer...
19
19

Looking for an information source for innovative software applications
As a newbie, I would like to get updated about the "news" of the software industry. If software industry sounds too wide, I have special interests in embedded products and web applications. I would...
5
5

Sr. Embedded Linux Developer for a Fortune 200
I'm actively recruiting for a Sr. Embedded Linux Developer for a Fortune 20= 0=20 company located in Irvine, Ca for an 18 month contract opportunity. My=20 client is involved in Medical diagnostics...
1
1

Open source writswatch ?
Hi, Idly browsing the threads here I followed the link to the adafruit wesite and saw their wristwatch. This made me wonder whether there is an open-souce version out there with a graphic lcd display...
5
5