South African Power Supply

I have been asked by a customer to supply our product in South Africa, 1000= , and he requires it with a wall mounted power supply fitted with the 15am= p mains head (old UK BS546 15Amp round three pin head). I am finding it imp= ossible to source anything, I have found a few 5amp headed psu but nothing = in the 15amp. He does not want adapters. Looking on south african web sites= for farnell and RS they do not sell them either but use Euro ones. Does an= y body know a source??

Thanks

Reply to
steve

For plugs:

For sockets:

Any help?

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

No, but thanks, this is a wall mounted power supply, bit like a phone charger.

Reply to
steve

A wallwart? How much power? Globtek has a bunch with interchangeable blades, in various sizes from 5-60W, and a range of voltages.

I don't know if this search will link properly, but:

Datasheet to the 18W models:

Robert Wessel

and he requires it with a wall mounted power supply fitted with the 15amp mains head (old UK BS546 15Amp round three pin head). I am finding it impossible to source anything, I have found a few 5amp headed psu but nothing in the 15amp. He does not want adapters. Looking on south african web sites for farnell and RS they do not sell them either but use Euro ones. Does any body know a source??

These things are close to unobtainium. The best bet normally is to use a PSU with an IEC-320 C14 socket and a obtainable molded cable with a 15A round pin standard BS 546 Plug on one end, and a IEC-320 C13 on the other. There are some Chinese and Taiwanese companies that can supply wallwarts with the 15A round pin plug, but they are custom and you will have to purchase a large enough quantity.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Thanks, the south african head is the 5amp version but I will contact them asnd see if they have a 15amp one available

Reply to
steve