Cheap GSM/GPRS/EDGE modem ?

Hi,

I'm looking for a GSM etc modem module like eg the ublox Leon but they seem really expensive at =8080+ for a sample. I already have a tcp stack so don't really need that to be built into the modem so can anyone tell me whare I can find an economical aklternative that doesn't haev a built in stack ?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Wismo 228 comes in at around $30 dollars (=A316)(Sierra wireless)and has a = tcp stack.

Reply to
steve

Check out this $50 module at Sparkfun Electronics:

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

The modules from SIMCOM are fairly low price. The SIM900B lists for $17.89 USD in single quantity.

0b-wholesalers.html I haven't used them personally (I've only used Wavecom and Telit) but I've seen them used in several other products and they appear to work reliably without any issues.
Reply to
peter_gotkatov

quantity.http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/478080059-SIMCOM-gsm-gprs-module...

That's a bit more like it !

Thanks for that,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Mike, another alternative is QUECTEL: M10, M85, M95 Modules;

I heard that they are 10% cheaper than SIMCOM. I haven't used them.

quantity.http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/478080059-SIMCOM-gsm-gprs-module...

hemo