Name for new company

"CR squared"?

Robert Baer

Too complicated. KISS.

Robert Baer

Not bad,but how many remember how Muntz made their stuff? Do you want to associate your stuff with made-with-scrap stuff?

Robert Baer

  • MEANING: too many "his" (matches) indicates too may competitors and/or of the wrong type.
Robert Baer

BINGO!

Robert Baer

Too long,and reeks of old-timey.

Robert Baer

I have considered that too. I allready have a company called "Electronics Design", but that is a privately held company, so if anything goes wrong I am gambling with my house deed

For this company it will be a LLC (limited liability)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

HUH? What is a "privately held" company? You mean a sole proprietorship? Bad idea indeed. LLC or S corp is the way to go.

--

  Rick C.

  -+ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Robert Baer wrote in news:0RZnE.576440 $ snipped-for-privacy@fx35.iad:

Old timey? That still remains the best way to attain the best edge on any metallic blade.

But yeah... a lot of folks lack exposure to the old ways, and therefore a lot of jokes get missed, and monikers too.

Bob's yer uncle!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Klaus Kragelund Konsulting would not be a great acronym. :)

I'd do simple. Kragelund Design Kragelund Consulting Kragelund Labs.

Reply to
George Herold

Better yet, pick a name that has no meaning at all... if you can find one.

--

  Rick C.

  +- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

George Herold wrote in news:296b8b7d-6ba4-451e- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The screaming KKK is still far too prevalent.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Is there no legal maneuver that can morph Electronics Design into an LLC?

Reply to
Mike

me of

stupid

thing and cram them together as one word.

rs

here,

it

cs Design", but that is a privately held company, so if anything goes wrong I am gambling with my house deed

looks like there is: (in Danish)

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It is a bit close to Complex for comfort. General rule of thumb is something with two syllables often of the form that hasn't already been used and isn't a dictionary word.

Also be careful that it doesn't sound bad over the phone or in the language of any country where you intend to sell stuff.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

:

some of

y stupid

nothing and cram them together as one word.

mers

ewhere,

er

ng it

nics Design", but that is a privately held company, so if anything goes wro ng I am gambling with my house deed

C?

I cannot do that, since I have a partner in the company we are starting

I settled on:

"Radical Cost-out Consultants"

Thanks for all your help :-)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

mandag den 1. april 2019 kl. 23.17.35 UTC+2 skrev snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

e:

te:

the

y some of

lly stupid

y nothing and cram them together as one word.

tomers

at

lsewhere,

ther

long it

ronics Design", but that is a privately held company, so if anything goes w rong I am gambling with my house deed

LLC?

I've always read the most important thing starting a business with partner is an agreement on how to get out of it

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 5:55:36 PM UTC-4, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wr ote:

ote:

rote:

f the

by some of

ually stupid

vey nothing and cram them together as one word.

ustomers

in

what

elsewhere,

other

me

along it

ctronics Design", but that is a privately held company, so if anything goes wrong I am gambling with my house deed

n LLC?

Or.... get the other guy to put all his money in first

Reply to
blocher

ing

I had picked the name Arius as suggested by a friend who had my birthday wr ong. I did an internet search and came up with nothing (as well as a trade mark search). So it should be good, right? No, in '98 the Internet was no t yet complete. After having a web site up for just 6 months, one day I re ceived an email asking if I knew who Arius was. Arius is the name of a rel igious heretic. lol

I don't think it matters much as he isn't well known. Mostly people just m ispronounce the name. I don't care, as long as they are saying it. lol

--

[...]

Very true, leave no detail out of that section. It will be very important when the time comes.