Name for new business

Hi . I`m working on starting a business . It will be mostly a service call type business where i will go out and do minor service / cleaning on home electronics and give advice if its worth having repaired if its got major problems . Also help people who cant understand how to hook up or operate that new tv , home theater or electronic gadget . I will also specialize in vintage electronics , the stuff most repair shops wont touch anymore including antique tube equipment or that crazy thing someone cant part with . I have been trying to come up with a catchy name to call this business to give people the idea but keep it short .

Any ideas would be apreciated . Thanks Ken

Reply to
Ken G.

Do you really think that is viable these days? Most people i know wouldn't even be interested in considering servicing or cleaning home electronics, let alone use a call out . I'd love to do something like this myself, but given the throwaway mentality of the age, one has to be realistic.....

and give advice if its worth having repaired if its

That sounds more likely to be successful, but then again, how many people use such old stuff these days? It's a niche business at best, may have to operate online to reach a large enough public.

to coin a windows phrase..how about 'Safe Restore' ?!! (reflects the vintage restoration side of things, anyway!)

good luck, b.

Kentronics. Goodguy Radio and TV.

Reply to
buffalobill

I have a friend who haunts junk sales, and picks up vintage electronic equipment. He then restores it, and makes a very good living selling it on e-Bay. Seems that there's a healthy market out there for retro electronics ... " Good Connections " maybe ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Archaic Electronics... or something that puts you early in the listings in the phone book. There is a local that is named this way and it still amazes me that people go to them. When asked why the always say that it was the first thing they saw in the yellow pages.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Howbout "RestorAction" "Back to Life"

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to

Thanks guys good ideas .

As for this type of service being needed .. According to my repair shop friend he turns down such calls because he is to bussy he has turned a few over to me . I get requests to go to peoples houses for such things but usualy dont because i already work a tiring job . There are other thngs to do also . I know 2 very active vending machine guys here who own many machines . They have asked me to go on repairs and cleaning of them . Nursing homes have stuff . ect.

I dont really know but a few local business friends say it would work . trial & error .

Reply to
Ken G.

Resurrectronics.

Slogan aids: "Resurrecting the oldies but goodies of yesteryear." "Bringing your valuable vintage back to life." "We are deep-sixer fixers."

Ok, so it's not Poe material, but u get the idea...

Not highly applicable to the home-call evaluation or setup aspect of the biz, though.

Reply to
Ray L. Volts