Name for new company

I once worked at a company called "Digital Anvil." It quickly became tiresome to explain that no, the name of the company was not, in fact, "Digital Landfill."

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

A company I once worked for had a new desolvation product which was called the Mistral by marketing (after the French dry mountain wind).

It was variously ordered as "Menstrual" and "Mistress" unit amongst other less notable misspellings by international customers.

Another disaster when I was working in Japan our company was taken over by another (so ending a long standing company name). The new name began with a phoneme that simply did not exist in the Japanese language. Bad!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

of the

se by some of

equally stupid

onvey nothing and cram them together as one word.

customers

e in

e what

im elsewhere,

me other

name

ind

me along it

lectronics Design", but that is a privately held company, so if anything go es wrong I am gambling with my house deed

an LLC?

ng

ner

t when the time comes.

Yes, that is very vital. I have been warned about this too

An exit strategy, how much to get out, how many hours each individual puts in, how to split profit, expenses, and lots more

I have my own company, so we will "just" use the common company to expenses and income, only limited amounts should be on the account

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

Eta, the Greek Character for efficiency (?). That can be the base of your logo, too.

Greetings, Werner Dahn

Reply to
aioe usenet

Child: "What is a mistress, please?" Teacher: "It's something in between a mister and a mattress"

:)

Reply to
Clifford Heath

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You a heretic? Airy-ass!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You are in Denmark aren't you, so why not follow the binomial tradition of Bruel & Kjaer or Bang & Olufsen and be Kragelund & X or X & Kragelund?

piglet

Reply to
piglet

Star atlases are a good source of inspiration for unusual names. eg.

Sirius Black, Bellatrix Lestrange, Draco Malfoy etc.

Algol Chemicals, Arcturus Theraputics, Capella Flavours, Procyon Research, Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Sirius Cybernetics, Vega Controls.

Afraid all the brightest stars are long gone and you may easily find yourself sharing a name with some lesser known rock or indie band.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

True, a lot of companies does that. But I would prefer to have a company name that tells a story / indicates what is made

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

Has unfortunate connotations in the UK. And was "Quantum Leap"

Sinclair QL and C5 were his two least successful products.

Strictly the blasted microdrives in the QL were by far his worst product

- the rest of it was a nice 68008 based computer.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

+1

General Electric is already taken. But is an example of a name that is not too specific. Many companies names are the name of the founder. Fluke , Danaher.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

So what is made?

--

  Rick C.

  --+ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Also you can do a GAR..MIN strategy where you combine two names

Reply to
bulegoge

Hewlett and Packard tossed a coin to decide who's name would be worse.

If the coin had landed the other way though, I suspect their Unix derivative would not have been named PH-UX :)

Reply to
Clifford Heath