Internode today announces Australia's first true terabyte broadband plan

Internode today announces Australia's first true terabyte broadband plan
6-Sep-2010

Taking a lead from the over-size T-shirt shelf, Internode's 1000 gigabyte (GB)
XXL Easy Broadband ADSL2+ service drapes
its customers in a true one-terabyte data quota plan, costing $149.95 a month
when bundled with NodeLine telephone service.

In a generous overhaul, Internode has doubled the data quota of its popular Easy
Broadband plan ($49.95 bundled) from 50
GB to 100 GB per month and introduced 200GB ($69.95 bundled) and 300GB ($89.95
bundled) plans - dubbed respectively S, M
and L. For customers with big data appetites, Internode provides the 600GB XL
plan for $99.95 (bundled) as well as the
true-terabyte XXL plan.

http://www.internode.on.net/news/2010/09/195.php

more details here:
http://blog.internode.on.net/2010/09/06/new-plans-sep-2010 /

Cheers Don...

==============================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Internode today announces Australia's first true terabyte broadband plan

6-Sep-2010

iinet has had one for a while now.

one-terabyte data quota plan, costing

Re: Internode today announces Australia's first true terabyte broadband plan

6-Sep-2010

Yeah. I'd like to know what they mean by "true" (perhaps no
peak/off-peak). And of course, like most Internode plans, it's expensive.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which probably influences my opinions.

Re: Internode today announces Australia's first true terabyte broadband plan

Nail right on the head on both counts! 8]

Re: Internode today announces Australia's first true terabyte broadband plan

I'd stick with iinet (who had the first true terabyte plan) rather than
go to internode. Internode are calling it the "first true plan" purely
because they don't make a distinction between peak and off-peak, which
is only a minor inconvenience. The more honest line would have been
"first terabyte plan with no distinction between peak and off-peak".

The main reason for sticking with iinet?

Internode : 1Tb with phone line : $179.95
iinet : 500/500 (1Tb) with phone line : $129.90

I think I'm willing to put up with the minor inconvenience of a split
cap to knock around 30% off of my bill a month. But then I don't need
that sort of volume.

Re: Internode today announces Australia's first true terabyte broadband plan

Would this work in Tony Windsor's electorate?  Apparently he got sucked into
the $43 billion child pron aka "broadband" network sponsored by the
Australian Federal government and bisexual pro-unborn-child-murderer Zulia
Killer.  And even after Telstra announced days ago their 100Mbs connections
over Next-G - which is a national, regional and rural network... by the way.
Zulia celebrates her dope-the-ignorant-independents-campaign with fellow
sodomite Bob Brown (aptly named).

Site Timeline