Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

This quake video is really worth looking at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6K6JcAB9T0

Cheers Don...

==============================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Godzilla lives underneath =?UTF-8?B?SmFwYW4u77u/?=

What that video shows is a common occurrence in earthquakes called
Liquefaction in which water  rises to the top of sandy soil and since
the area in the video is reclaimed land from the sea then the soil would
be saturated with water.

--

Sandgroper
Re: Godzilla lives underneath =?UTF-8?B?SmFwYW4u77u/?=

Does not have to be landfill can happen with solid soils.

Re: Godzilla lives underneath =?UTF-8?B?SmFwYW4u77u/?=

Yes , I know , I was pointing out that the land in the video was
reclaimed land from the sea and would be more likely to liquefy because
if the high water content.

--

Sandgroper
Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Nope, its due to one plate shifting over another there.

It appears to have shifted about 2M, quite literally.

That has no consequences for California.

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Thank you professor Roddles...
Oh btw be prepared for a bot response.

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Should posters be attaching potential bot warnings with all posts, with a
response level like a Defcon warning?

Instead of saying say Defcon-4, we could have a Roddlebot-4 for this one, and
scale them right up to a Roddlebot-1
meaning war is imminent!

Ohhps, sorry Rod, I know this is no laughing matter.
:-)

Cheers Don...

=====================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Yes, it's a pretty sad state of affairs in Japan.

This whole earthquake prediction thing seems pretty much impossible.

Some guy popped up on the news after the Christchurch quake and said
that he had predicted it (used the tides or some such BS) and he had a
100% accuracy rate - blah blah blah etc. and that Christchurch would
get hit with another big quake greater than 7.0 on the 13th of March.

So I've been keeping that date in mind.

Hasn't happened.

--

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?
Nah!! I reckon some of our flood water is leaking across to them.

Rheilly P

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

I reckon  the disaster in Japan is because of payback by the whales !

The whales want revenge on the Japanese for killing a lot of their kind
for "scientific purposes" , the whales know about all the tectonic plate
faults and they got a mob of whales together and nudged Japan 2.4 metres
towards one of the fault lines causing  a big earthquake and a tsunami
that flooded quite a lot of the land killing about 10K people which is
about the same number of whales that the Japanese have killed over the
years..

I don't think Japan will be doing any whaling for awhile.

:)

--

Sandgroper
Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?
Apart from being quite amusing
  it smacks of Karma

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Smacks, haven't heard that for years!

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?
Neither had the plates until the whales

  whaled in

--

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Godzilla Firefox?

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

This variant would have been Godzilla Sea Monkey!

Cheers Don...

=======================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Doesn't it seem ironic that fish are now eating raw Japanese.

:)

--

Sandgroper
Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?
Certainly justice

--

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Soylent Green

True if there is no heaven or hell. And there isn't.
http://godisimaginary.com /
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com /

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?
Or should that be Mozilla :-)

Re: Godzilla lives underneath Japan.?

Apparently that is normal; hit by n size quake and major aftershock of
n-1 following is normal.

Site Timeline