Does anybody make ....?

We keep getting a situation where we are trying to connect existing
harnesses with 1/4" (6.35mmF2%) QC/faston/receptacles to SLA batteries
with 3/16" (4.8mmF1%) terminals.  Don't ask.

So we would be pleased if we could find a source of 1/4" male to 3/16"
female adaptors.  Quite pleased.

Re: Does anybody make ....?

Purely a comment but wouldn't crimping a couple of new connectors on, be
nearly as quick and a better job ??

Cheers ....... Rheilly P

Re: Does anybody make ....?
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:06:04 +0800, Rheilly Phoull

It probably would.  But this looks more like about 100, so a box of
adaptors would be an easier fix.

Re: Does anybody make ....?

I had that exact same shit with some UPS batteries here.

While this might not be suitable with what you are doing
we slid them onto the terminal as best as we could  (squeeze terminal
together more if not a reasonably tight fit and then slid on.)
and then soldered them once on the battery.

As the SLA should last several years, this will solve the problem with
minimal hassle and cost, and will also give excellent
results with very low resistance.  Vital if you are pulling high
currents as can happen with a UPS.

To remove, heat the solder and pull carefully off battery terminal
with pliers, making sure the molten solder doesn't flick off.

Adaptors will introduce more resistance due to there being now 2
separate connections

Site Timeline