Trying to make ion exchange resin

Hi,

Now days, I am trying to make a simple ion exchange resin based on polystyrene. I had done the following. The body of audio tap player is made of polystyrene and I use it. I put the lot of small pieces of tap player body in 95% concentrated Sulfuric acid and heated it until a special resulted material remain. I think it is ion exchange material but it may be. But it is water solvable. Please comment on my work. Thanks in advance,

Asad

Reply to
Asad

Why are you trying to make your own resin? You can buy it at a very low price - and the quality will be much better.

Chuck Szmanda

Reply to
Chuck Szmanda