bigpong NG

Has bigpond NG gone bung? it times out on my computer but eternal sept works.

Reply to
F Murtz

No, still works. Might be the local NG server has fallen over for you. Don't bother ringing customer service, there isn't any.

Reply to
swanny

swanny wrote:

It has been failing on and off for short periods lately but has been off all day now.

don't talk to me about the service from disgusting bigpong I have had two periods of loss of service recently, one for a week and one a few days.The problem is not the line breakdown they were weather related. the first week problem was exacerbated by telstra sending a non local team of asian people to work on it in a storm who connected things wrongly which had to be rectified by the local techs.(found out by a bit of surreptitious detective work) The main problem is telstras phone method for customers to get in touch with them. The first instance cost me over $110 dollars to discuss the fault because I did not realize that 1300 nos. on a cellular phone was timed calls and their stupid system kept me hanging on for ever, if it had been a telstra cell phone they would have wiped cost I found out later but it was optus. They should have asked my if I was using a cell phone and rung me back. The next time the line failed I tried to get telstra on the mobile and was going to get them to ring back but they said I was on a queue and would be 9 minutes. So i drove round looking for technicians in a van which I found after some detective work to find unmanned exchange and they told me there was a fault they were going to start work on The next day I drove fourty klm's to the nearest telstra shop and reported fault from their phone to save costs on my optus phone.(fuel costs cheaper than phone calls holding on)

I had loads of problems when I originally signed up with telstra involving stupid billing stuff ups which I involved the ombudsman in. The one thing that seem to have happened is that they have stopped their incessant annoying ring backs asking if I am satisfied with their service (they now give me one sms to tell me what is happening)

Reply to
F Murtz

I wouldn't touch Telstra or its cronies with a bargepole, but I can't avoid them in the professional world because my engagers sometimes use them. Had a case recently that went like this....

We had a connectivity failure at a site that uses a Telstra cellular router. I called the business support line, and after we'd got a fair way with working through the problem, the agent put me on hold while he went to check out some stuff. Music, music, music then a voice said I was in a queue. Then I was put through to another agent, who asked me what the problem was. I hung up. Later, I called the line again to try to reengage at the point I'd left off. I explained the situation to the (new) agent, who asked me whether I had a ticket number - I hadn't been given one. She then took some details and asked me to hold, more music, music, music. I didn't wait for the inevitable queue.

Obvious failures in process.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Where I have moved to telstra is the only broadband option so I am stuck. And for the last day or so bigpong NG wont connect,it seems to be local because it works for others. I don't know how to report it as I am sure every indian call centre person won't know what a news group is.

Reply to
F Murtz

All the telcos are as bad as each other. I have had poor support from all of them and did the complete loop back to Telstra. I consider Optus to be worse. The so-called 'technical support' people have no technical knowledge at all and are completely unhelpful. I wonder who will maintain the copper network once it is flogged to NBN? It can only get worse, since it will become a legacy system. I suspect that NBN will be just as bad though, with no possibility of getting through to technical support at the network level.

Reply to
swanny