Bigpond NG

Is anyone using bigpond newsgroups through their server and does it still still work?

Reply to
F Murtz

Shut down the last few days I hear

find another free one I guess

--

Reply to
atec77

Already have a standby that is what I am posting with but I want to know if bigpond server is still on before I waste time figuring out if it is seamonkey.

Reply to
F Murtz

As said the word is gone for good

--

Reply to
atec77

Hi All,

My Bigpond cable newsgroups weren't working last week and I temporarily switched to Eternal September.

But today (Sunday 21st) the Bigpond newsgroups are working again.

Ross

Reply to
RMD

Hi All,

Strange issue with Bigpond & Newsgroups....

Work computer (Win 7 - Windows Live Mail) had news.bigpond.com working fine, but home computer (Win XP - Outlook Express) did not work.

Now a couple of weeks later- (21 April 2013) home computer - works fine - but does not work on the Win 7 machine....

Same settings, same account, same ISP different locations (by about 20 km)

Very strange.....

Now viewing / posting using AIOE server on the Win 7 machine...

See what happens in a few days....

Hi All,

My Bigpond cable newsgroups weren't working last week and I temporarily switched to Eternal September.

But today (Sunday 21st) the Bigpond newsgroups are working again.

Ross

Reply to
G S ng

I spoke to soon.

Bigpond newsgroups have bombed out again and so I'm back to Eternal September.

Ross

Reply to
RMD