Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again. - Page 2

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Not really, hasn't our favourite zealot previously claimed that there
is ample evidence that the mere possesion of an inanimate object is
capable of changing a cognitive persons intent?

That's a very relevant comment, you'd be surprised how many people
during fire awareness training grab the wrong bloody extinguiser for
the type of fire.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

I have been at odds with ` **T ' once or twice. He's a difficult poster
to pin down, actually, impossible to pin down as he completely fails
to acknowledge when your arguement has  superiority.

His arguement is based simply on "if there are no firearms then people will
not
be killed /injured./maimed with firearms".

A perfect example is he does not accept the  drug wars in Victoria killing
25+ people over a few years are _linked_ as a `mass killing` because
they did not happen on the same day. Which allows him to preach
Howard's  gun laws of 1996 have been effective in preventing mass killings
(with firearms).

nonsense of course.

I know an example on one occasion where a young lady (whom I dated )
fainted when she came out from some back room and found the oil cooking
 fryers on fire.(fish n chips shop)
So the training has to be pretty comprehensive if you intend to get around
basic human reactions to imminent disaster.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

<SNIP>

And Tosspot's foul-mouthed sock puppet finally makes an
appearance...........

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

<SNIP>

And Tosspot's foul-mouthed sock puppet finally makes an
appearance...........

So you snip the thread and try to change the subject to a personal attack.
ROTFLMAO. Why don't you act your age, or at least the age you claim.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Showed up to giive us some more of you public toilet comments have you?

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

On Jul 11, 12:06A0%pm, "Trevor Wilson"

They even use the same nick-names for others..................ROFL

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

So you are yet another sock-puppet for piggy-shitcan LMAO

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.
On Jul 11, 11:25A0%am, "Trevor Wilson"

You're kidding right, the full text of every arguement you've lost
would cause Usenet to go into meltdown.

When you get spanked for telling fibs on gun related forums, and then
scuttle away and post the same anti-gun assertions on places like
rec.audio.opinion, aus.hi-fi, aus.tv, aus.legal and now
aus.electronics - you've lost the arguement.

When you post unsubstantiated assertions about gun dealers using
gunshows to sell guns to criminals, but fail to provide ant evidence
to support thos assertions when asked to  - you've lost the arguement.

When you post unsubstantiated and possibly dematory claims that the
NSW Shooter's Party is seeking to arm criminals, and fail to provide
any evidence when asked to support that assertion  - you've lost the
arguement.

When you loudly claim that you never crosspost, and yet your identical
posts appear at exactly the same time on aus.tv, aus.legal and
aus.electronics  - you've lost the arguement.

When you claim you only deal in facts at about the same time you're
claiming your local library keeps Lotts work in the fiction section  -
you've lost the arguement.

When another poster asks to explain your assertions and the only reply
you can come up with is "non-sequitur or "ask a nine year old to
explain it to you"  - you've lost the arguement.

When you claim to have a friend capable of stopping and restarting his
heart at will whilst target shooting  - you've lost the arguement.

When you claim to be able to diagnose medical or mental conditions
over the internet without ever having done the necessary training  -
you've lost the arguement.

When you've got to rely on foul-mouthed sock-puppets like Blinky Blonk
and No-One  - you've lost the arguement.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

I'll answer this one.

You've claimed "how many" times there are only about 200 DGU's in the
US each year taking figures from justifiable homicides published by
the FBI-UCR.

It's been pointed out to you that your claims are bullshit because the
FBI stats only count incident when the perpetrator is shot and killed.
The FBI stats your talking about do not include incidents where the
felon was wounded or scared away by the presence of a defensive
firearm. But you insist on bandying around your claims based on FBI
stats on other forums, hoping that the people there will believe you.

This appeared on aus.electronics
On Jun 17, 9:40 am, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:

There's that about 200 figure again based on FBI stats for homicides.

Point proven. Tosspot get's spanked again.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

I went there and found it, the fact that you couldn't just serves to
demonstrate your stupidity.
on.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/200...

Two rants from anti-gun politial lobby groups, one opinion/editorial
and a Wikipedia article?

Sorry Trevor, doesn't wash, I don't accept rants by anti-gun political
lobby groups as evidence of anything, an editorial
is opinion, not fact, and your friends in the anti-gun movement will
be real upset with you quoting Wikipedia

 GUN POLITICS - CONCERNS ABOUT WIKIPEDIA "GUN POLITICS IN AUSTRALIA"
ENTRY - Thursday 26th January 2006
All those studying gun politics in Australia should realise how bias
and distortion dominate the Wikipedia website entry titled 'Gun
Politics in Australia'. Wikipedia is a free public international
encylopedia that anyone with internet access can modify and contribute
to. Whilst this allows for a great flow of information it can also
allow for a flow of misinformation and we have particular concerns
about the contents of the 'Gun Politics in Austraila' entry - we
believe we can show it to be a childishly biassed and ill-informed
entry. Some examples:

(a) Section on settlement to 1980's

The grave misbehaviour of many settlers who used guns to create havoc
amongst the indigenous population is ignored. The tragic consequences
of this to relationships with today's Aboriginal population is
ignored.

The high annual gun death figure of the 1970's and early 1980's is
ignored. The role of licensed shooters in this tragic period is
ignored.

(b) The so-called '1987 spree killings' section.

In 1987 six gun massacres took place in Australia. These were not
spree killings but in most cases well-thought-out shootings where
private gun owners infliced the utmost harm on specific innocent
people.

The contributors to this entry ignored the immense political
consequences of this tragic year where some 35 people died because the
wrong people (in some cases legally) owned guns.

The contributors also conveniently ignored the enormously important
gun massacre in the Strathfield shopping mall in 1991. Gun politics
and gun laws in Australia changed dramatically because of this and the
1987 massacres.

(c) Port Arthur gun massacre section.

Crucial political aspects of the Port Arthur massacre and its
aftermath have been ignored by the contributors entry. The attempts by
pro-gun interests to blame Australian politicians rather than the
culprit of this massacre constitute one of the most disgraceful
episodes in Australia's political history and must be fully known by
students of gun politics in Australia.

The consequences of the new gun laws in regard to the reduced annual
gun death tally is also ignored by the entry. It seems to us that the
organised shooting fraternity hates to admit that strict gun laws
might possibly save Australian lives. Every Australian should know
that today less than half the number of people die from gun wounds
compared to the days when the gun lobby had its tragic way with gun
laws. Students should ask themselves the simple question: Are 400
fewer gun deaths each year important?

(d) Major players involved in gun politics section.

This section of the entry is almost a farce. The involvement of the
public in attaining stricter gun controls is ignored, as is the
crucial involvement of established and reputable community
organisations. The role which important governmental groups played is
also ingnored. The 'Americanisation' of gun groups such as the
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia (SSAA) is ignored, as is
the increasing extremism of such groups. The fact is that America's
extremist pro-gun National Rifle Association (NRA) became entangled
with the SSAA in the last two decades and the dangers of this
extremism to Australian society must be understood by all students of
Australian gun politics.

The bias and distortion of facts by this Wikipedia entry on Australian
gun politics demands a response.

In February Gun Control Australia will publish a far more useful essay
on this subject. We urge students to be aware of the pro-gun bias and
distortion in this Wikipedia entry titled 'Gun Politics in
Australia'.

Since the Australian gun lobby is now so strongly influenced by
American pro-gun interests and the the gun trade we urge students to
examine these American gun control sites to get some idea of the
dangers which some Australian gun groups will present if they become
further involved with the American gun lobby.

Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence: http://www.bradycampaign.org

Violence Policy Center: www.vpc.org

Coalition to Stop Gun Violence: http://www.csgv.org
20%
---
Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

 On Jul 11, 11:25A0%am, "Trevor Wilson"

And a few more.

When you quote the FBI-UCR for the years 1976-86, and another poster
asks for a reference, and you claim it's available on the FBI website,
and it isn't - you've lost the arguement.

When another poster asks you to cite a reference and you reply www.google.c=
om
- you've lost the arguement.

Should I continue?

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.
-

I think Trevor Tosspot has just be handed a first class spanking
(sigh) again!

wrote:

There's that about 200 figure again based on FBI stats for homicides.

You claimed TW cited 200 for the number of dgus each year.  There is no
claim in that quote about the number of DGUs each year - in fact "DGU" or
"defensive gun use" doesn't appear in the text. What appears is the figure
for "justifiable homicide"  by civilians, as is clearly explained in the
quoted text, and there is no claim thatv this figure represents total DGUs.

Point proven. Tosspot get's spanked again.
Because you cited a text which doesn't contain what you claim - bravo
ROTFLMAO

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

On Jul 11, 11:25 am, "Trevor Wilson"

When you've got to rely on foul-mouthed sock-puppets like Blinky Blonk
and No-One  - you've lost the arguement.

That means you have lost because on a foul mouthed sock-puppet like
piggy-shitcan LMAO

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

When you've got to rely on foul-mouthed sock-puppets like Blinky Blonk
and No-One  - you've lost the arguement.

So piggy-shitcan gets another sock-puppet - who calls itself "torn-arse". We
can only wonder how piggy-shitcan acquired that condition.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

David, while you're discussing his posting practices with your
"longest standing poster" you might want  remind him of the claim he
posted on aus.electronics, that US gun dealers are using gunshows to
sell firearms illegally to criminals without carrying out background
checks. You might want to point out to him I asked him at the time to
cite some evidence to support this assertion. You might want to point
out that I'm still waiting for that evidence..................

On Jun 18, 12:54 pm, "Trevor Wilson"

As I said, he chose the field.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Why would I want to do that. It's your silly fight with Trevor, you go have
it out on the gun groups where it belongs. Leave it off aus.electronics,
please.

Dave.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

People like Trevor, with their crazy and downright dangerous opinions
on things from AGW, government power, & shredding basic constitutional
rights, when these types get into government and/or any position of
power, or even have the right to vote,  over time, they ultimately
create the need for guns in order to reclaim the rights that the trevs
of this world destroy. A lot of lives and property are destroyed, and
generations impoverished along the way.

People in the past could be excused for "allowing" horrible things to
happen, there would have been closed media, lack of balanced knowlege,
and tons of propaganda.

The difference now is that with the internet and the wide range of
sources available, its getting to the point where there is no excuse
for allowing evil to flourish, and if it does, the average citizen now
is responsible, as they had access to the facts.

However I agree, the thread shouldnt be on an Electronics group.

Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

No, you look again.
I see no threads on the topic started by Trevor in aus.electronics.
But I do see two topics *started by you* on the subject crossed posted to
aus.electronics.

It ain't rocket science, if you don't start cross posted threads to
aus.electronics then we won't see anything about guns on this group. Trevor
certainly isn't starting them.
Please stop.

Dave.
Re: Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

-------

Er? you were saying?

"normal humans"?

Site Timeline