TV

Have a TV that suddently won't turn on anymore. I press the power button and nothing happens, as though there is no power supply. Doesn't seem like the tube has gone or anything like that. What is the likely cause? Blown fuse? Easy to fix?

Reply to
Tron

There is an obvious possible answer.....

Reply to
CleanDave

The hight voltage rail has gone kaput.

Reply to
Kelpie

There are no trains in my TV.

Reply to
Tron

If you can't diagnose that yourself, then the answer is to go visit your local TV service tech and keep him in business.

Dave.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

Save yourself some money and throw it on the tip and buy yourself a new wide-screen HD tv. You'll wish you'd done it ages ago.

Reply to
Davo

What I'm saying is, are you sure it's plugged in and turned on at the wall?

Reply to
CleanDave

Are you sure the power hasn't been disconnected due to non payment of the account?

Reply to
Zappy

Does anythig else work from that power socket ?

If so , then your TV is broken. It could be a blown/broken fuse, but more likely is something like a burned out capacitor in the EHT voltage supply.

You could get it fixed ( if you needed to ask here, then get somebody wqualified to do it), or you could seize the oppportunity to join the 21st Century. Even with a cheapy 32" LCD you probably won't regret it.

geoff

Reply to
geoff

Tube?? What's that?

HR

Reply to
HeadRush

It's quicker by tube.

geoff

Reply to
geoff

"Did you check the trouble shooting section of the manual?"

"I can't see the manual, it is dark and our electricity has been disconnected"

Reply to
^Tems^

It's one of those things you find on the street verge on collection day, usually sitting beside an empty 60" cardboard box.

Dave.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

Everyone knows that things with 'tubes' in them sound sooo much better ;)

Reply to
Swanny

Lube?

Reply to
Zappy

Tube = London underground .

geoff

Reply to
geoff

Isn't this aus.tv?

Reply to
Zappy

So? All that was on it were 90% yank crap, 9.9% pommy crap and something called news that was 99.9999% sport.

--
Great advances in Debian Linux; post a bug report and get spam in three
days.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
terryc

God's done you a big favour. Quit whilst you're ahead.

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Je=DFus?=

n and

e the