Anti-gun lobby displaying it's ignorance again.

Glad you realise that.

He didn't start a thread, so no one cares.

He didn't start a thread, so no one cares.

He didn't start a thread, so no one cares.

He didn't start a thread, so no one cares. Wow, it really is quite amazing how you are incapable of realising this simple fact. Absolutely stunning.

Wrong, I complained about new OT *threads* *you* started, two of them so far. I had no problem with the stun gun thread drifting off-topic, that happens. Sensible people ignore a thread when it drifts off topic and does not interest them any more. It seems you are incapable of comprehending that some people really don't care what is said about a subject in a thread that drifts off-topic, but they do care when their group is hijacked by people like yourself by starting *new* OT threads in the wrong group. The thread system is there for a reason, sensible people use it. People like you like to abuse it. New OT threads = Bad. Topical threads drifting OT = No problemo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not about what anyone says in any post, it's about starting new OT threads in aus.electronics, something only *you* are guilty of here - twice. Trevor has done no such thing - ever. How many times do I have to spell it out? Obviously too many, so I'll give up now. *yawn*

Your rabid obsession with Trevor is truly remarkable. I suggest you get more fresh air, a lot more fresh air.

Go for your life in this thread, it really is quite hilarious, but please no more new OT threads in aus.electronics.

Regards Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

Er, I was being sarcastic?

Well, "not sensible" is an improvement on how I'm usually described

ike

ore

Gee, thanks, nice to know you care.

no

If Trevor ceases using aus.electronics for posting his anti-gun rants, you'll not hear from me over there again.

rnatezone.com/eevblog/

Reply to
John - Melb

Do Trevor over and we wont burn down your news group. You aren't part of Tony Soprano's family are you?

Reply to
keithr
*> Click here to download the full

Good reply, Dear Mr Kanga, to that Clanker filth ! You have in the open quite a few dozen morons of that kind, hired by Mining & Political Criminals to harass, belittle & smear superior intelligence + indeed outstanding Archeological Pioneer like you are !

In fact they are so crude & stupid in their vain attempts that it makes me laugh ... that Sunny, Bob Kawke, Dr Sore Porky, Clanker, Mad of Havana ( aka Sunny ze poofter) are so funny in fact with their baseless infantile pranks, that if there were close enough for me to put my hand on their hides, I would administer them some smacks & spanks WHICH WOULD DO THAT DERISIVE PETTY IDLERS A LOT OF GOOD !

Are they more handy to you, Mr Kanga ? If so, I delegate to you the care of shoving your boot in their arses ... surely the cowards, as you so rightly call them, showing off under anonymity indeed, will squeal & run away to their den ! Nothing in the pant obviously for that Sunny ze Poofer, Dr Sore Howky Porky & their mates

Bwa ha ha haaaaa ! What a degenerate Humanity and the most funny thing is that Antipodean shit for brain, still believe to have a working one ...i.e. brain

Anyway and being serious, I dare say that NEVER HAS ANY HOMAGE BE GIVEN TO ALL THOSE MURDERED AUSTRALIAN FARMERS BY THAT POLITICAL RABBLE IN CONTROL ! Closing indeed on 2 000 poor Australian Farmers victims since the Collective Chastisement was set up 10 years ago & still fearlessly enforced this very year, has on any occasion any gratitude & recognition being shown to the whole farming community by that Convict Scum sitting in those WA & Federal Parliaments ? Of course the answer is NO ! As any as well gratitude & recognition being shown by same to Australia Greatest Mining Pioneer of all times Sir Turcaud ? Of course the answer is No ! Has any as well demand been expressed for a high level probe into the mass murder of 100 good Australian at Port Arthur & this by the very Govt of Howard ?* Of course the answer is NO ! Has any subsidies been offered to Mr Kanga, in a nation wasting 100

000s of dollars in worthless pursuit to investigate the possibility of establishing Camel farms & rehabilitating those poor Abos communities & giving them a long last a purpose in life ... With Mr Kanga being invested as Federal Commissionner to supervise the whole scheme ! Of course NO ! Has any subsidies been offered to Mr Kanga, in a nation wasting 100 000s of dollars in worthless pursuit to investigate the possibility of establishing a Archeological Committee in charge of developing his immense world importance Archeological discovery of the direct relation between South Australia & the Phoenicians BEFORE OFFICIAL HISTORIC TIME Of course NO !

Hence I did not downloaded that Adelaide Festival of Ideas, since in the list you provided I did not found one hint that those people have any ounce of intelligence nor awareness .... Wasting others' time & playing with sounds coming out halfhazardly from their big flies trap, tossing around with fast forgotten ideas leading nowhere indeed !

Also, since I am banned by Mining & Political Criminals from returning to Australia, this Festival could have been held on the Moon for all I care

Under such circumstances it is evident that the Collective Chastisement will pursued under my guidance & orders till the whole Antipodean Rabble is on all fours begging for forgiveness ! ... with of course the

  • 2 REQUIRED ROYAL INQUIRIES FULLY IMPLEMENTED
  • HOWARD ANDERSON & COSTELLO HANGING ON A ROPE FOR HIGH TREASON
  • TYRWHITT SEARLS & BARR BEING FLOGGED IN A 16 ROW WITH THE CAT 'O NINE TAILS !

Sir Jean-Paul Turcaud Australia Mining Pioneer Discoverer & Legal Owner of Telfer Mine (Australia largest Copper & Gold MIne) Founder of the True Geology

~ Ignorance is the Cosmic Sin, the One Never Forgiven ~

Published by AMERICAN CHRONICLE "True Geology" Foundation Document

"Turcaud Bath" as a free gift to Suffering Humanity

Australia Mining Pioneer & Fou
[...]

Jean-Paul, you're a wanker, I guess you belong on aus.electronics along with all the 'friends of Dorothy/Trevor/Mr No-one"

Reply to
John - Melb

No, I'm quite use to Jean-Paul

Why do you ask?

Reply to
John - Melb

,
  1. What Trevor "now knows" is immaterial. As far as I can tell, there is no advantage to Trevor, (or anyone) posting material to people who ignore it.
  2. If he "now knows" it, and you don't like this this is surely your fault. After all, if you had done what the subscribers to aus.electronics had done -- i.e. ignore his stuff, he wouldn't know it.
  3. It's not clear that Trevor was even aware that his stuff was being x-posted to aus.electronics as *he didn't add this to the follow ups*
  4. As tempting as it can be to see this place as some cyber version of "mortal kombat" in which you (why you?) are moved to confront your enemy wherever he appears, you should resist this. I am a person of strong views, and yet I make no attempt to ensure that everyone who says things I don't agree with on usenet is answered. That's too big a task and in any event, it would imply a monstrous and unhealthy ego. If in your opinion, someone is talking nonsense, you have to assume that at least some others will notice because you John-Melb are not uniquely insightful. Others will no doubt have followed the path you have to what you see as truth and wisdom, even if they don't shout it from the rooftops, and those who may wish to develop nonsense will be challeneged when they offer it in places where people are interested in the topic.

Sequence and continuity. The people ignoring the post as off-topic were hoping that they'd see no more of the off-topic stuff. Telling someone to take it someplace else rarely works, often triggers more off-tiopic posts and is pointless if you believe the post was not intentional. Once someone answers the off-topic post, the way is open to a lot more, so it's not surprising that once that Rubicon has been crossed, people get irritated in particular with the people seen as opening the floodgates ( to mix a metaphor).

Look. There's no doubt that the whole issue is a highly emotive one. That old saying "when someone mentions culture I reach for my gun" applies, but I think you are mistaken in attributing the responses here to animus towards your position on gun rights. As far as I can tell, regardless of their views on the issue, people here want discussion confined to electronics and closely related matters. You are not only breaching that aspiration but, along with with "Thomas" threatening to punish the group by spamming them for giving what you mistakenly see tacit endorsement of Trevor's views. Can't you see that from their POV this sounds like bullying? Like collective punishment? Are you really surprised that you are getting negative responses?

There's simply no evidence that ignoring Trevor's posts implies endorsement. Most of what is posted in aus.politics offends me at some level but I respond to only a fraction of it. I'm certainly not welcoming the views or rightwing bigots by not answering them.

Then with the greatest of respect and genuine regard for your wellbeing, you must unlearn it. This can lead nowhere good for you. No amount of payback or "ROFLs" will salve your pain -- so much is clear from your admission above -- you are, by your own admission, not acting freely but in knee jerk mode. You are driven by psychic pain -- angst if you prefer.

You need to stop making so much in here about you -- your rights to respond; to get even; to correct the ledger. It's not about you and how people think of you or the things you deem important. It's about issues people want and don't want to discuss and their right not to be bothered by the intrusion of noise into their chosen part of cyberspace and certainly their right not to be harassed by someone who, to them, surely appears to be using aus.electronics to deal with their own feelings of hurt and marginalisation.

My friendly advice would be to reassess what is important to you in this place and to put some distance between what you write about and you, the human being. Usenet is a place for batting about ideas. You don't have to win all the time and there being few real ways of determining who won anyway, the question should be moot.

Best

Fran

Reply to
Fran

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former NFL star Steve McNair was shot dead in his sleep last week by a 20-year-old girlfriend distraught about mounting financial problems and her belief that he was seeing someone else, police said Wednesday.

Sahel Kazemi "was spinning out of control" when she shot McNair four times as he dozed on a sofa early Saturday, then turned the gun on herself, Police Chief Ronal Serpas said.

Interviews with friends revealed that she was making payments on two cars, her rent was doubling and she suspected the married McNair was having a second affair with another young woman.

She told a friend on Friday that "My life is a ball of s--- and I should end it," Serpas said.

=95 Freeman: We never know

Police earlier had labeled McNair's death a homicide, but waited for further tests and the revelations about Kazemi's personal problems before concluding that she pulled the trigger of a 9 mm semiautomatic pistol in a condominium McNair rented with a friend.

McNair, 36, a quarterback for the Tennessee Titans most of his career, met Kazemi six months ago at a sports cafe where she was a waitress and his family often ate. She seemed happy and eager to build a life with him, but something went wrong.

"We do know that she was clearly sending a message during the last five to seven days of her life that things were going bad quickly," Serpas said, though there was no indication she told anyone she planned to harm McNair.

Serpas said detectives learned that Kazemi recently found out about another young woman she thought McNair was romantically involved with and had even followed that woman home, though she did not confront her. =95 Officer: McNair unhappy at Kazemi's DUI stop

Serpas said police believe McNair was asleep when he was killed because there were no defensive wounds. After shooting McNair in the head, Kazemi apparently shot him twice in the chest before shooting him again in the head.

Before shooting herself, she sat next to his body and "tried to stage it so she would fall in his lap," Serpas said. She did, but her body slid to the floor and ended up at McNair's feet. The gun was found underneath her.

The man McNair shared the condo with discovered the bodies and called a friend, Robert Gaddy, who arrived and called 911. Serpas said the man didn't call 911 himself because he was in shock.

Gaddy said Wednesday that what he saw in the condo will haunt him for the rest of his life, but he was glad police made clear that his longtime friend did not suffer.

Kazemi's family told reporters that the woman was so confident McNair was divorcing his wife of 12 years that she was preparing to sell her furniture and move in with him.

But associate Mike Mu, who has worked with McNair's charitable association for years, said earlier Wednesday that McNair's wife, Mechelle McNair, "didn't know who this girl is." No records of divorce proceedings have surfaced. The McNairs have four children.

Gaddy defended McNair as a great husband.

"When Mechelle is ready to speak, she will let people know that," Gaddy said. "We can't justify anything that people are starting to find out, but the one thing that we can say, that I know for sure, is that Steve loved his family."

Two days before the shooting, police stopped Kazemi driving a Cadillac Escalade sport utility vehicle that McNair had given her for her birthday in May.

According to an arrest affidavit, Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and alcohol on her breath. She refused a breath test and told an officer "she was not drunk, she was high." She was charged with DUI. McNair was with her but not charged. He later made her bail.

Police are awaiting toxicology reports on both bodies.

Serpas said that even though both her name and McNair's were on the Cadillac's title, she was apparently responsible for making payments. She was also making payments on another car after she couldn't sell it.

Kazemi had no history of violence, but "on the last several days of her life it's obvious that she made some very poor decisions," Serpas said.

Mechelle McNair has not spoken publicly since the shooting. Bishop Joseph W. Walker III of Mount Zion Baptist Church, which the McNairs have attended since moving to Nashville in 1997, said Wednesday that she is doing as well as can be expected.

"Her faith is what's sustaining her now," he said. "We haven't talked about the circumstances of his death. She is processing it in a private way. It's obviously devastating on so many levels."

A memorial service is set for Thursday night in Nashville, with the funeral Saturday in his native Mississippi.

The four-time Pro Bowl quarterback was being remembered Wednesday at the stadium where he played much of his career. The Tennessee Titans opened LP Field for fans to watch video highlights of McNair's 13-year NFL career and look at photos of the quarterback. There was also a book for them to write messages that will be given to the family.

McNair was known as "Air McNair" for his passing prowess at Alcorn State in Mississippi. In 2000, he helped lead the Titans to the Super Bowl, where they ended up a yard short of a touchdown on the last play of the game when they trailed by seven points.

He spent the last two seasons with the Baltimore Ravens before retiring from the NFL last year. Copyright 2009 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.

expat101

expat101 wrote in news:45ac9362-403f-451a-b5ed- snipped-for-privacy@a37g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

I guess if he was home with his wife he'd be alive. Then again as the Libs like to say, adultery doesn't hurt anyone.

--
Always remember:

Bull Connor was a Democrat!
Reply to
Gray Ghost

re,

he

Going to disagree there Fran, Tosspot previously posted his rants on rec.audio.opinion and aus.hi-fi, but shot through as soon as he was challenged about it.

I think the floodgates were well and truely opened with Trevor's "normal people" and gun dealers selling to criminals remarks.

Yep, I aware of the concept of collective punishment, kinda like all the "rednecks, reactionaries and rambos" remarks directed at people like me because some nutter runs amok with a gun in another state?

Of course not, the endorsement comes from "ignoring" anti-gun posts and then flying off the handle at "pro-gun" posts.

Well I'm pretty familiar with knee-jerk reactions

No, I'm using aus.electronics to respond to an anti-gun zealots rants, because, that's where they're being posted.

I know what is important to me, and the concept that an anti-gun zealot can post his remarks on aus.electronics without challenge whilst and alternative view is attacked is something I find fairly offensive.

All the best Fran, glad to hear from you again.

Reply to
John - Melb

e:

're

here,

ne

the

te

in

No John, what Trevor does in other NGs has no bearing on how you should respond to him here.

It seems that rec.audio.opinion is a place where it's open slather for trolls, so what you or Trevor do there seems not to matter.

As to aus.hi-fi it seems that putting aside people spoofing him, he hasn't actually started a thread there on guns recently.

I did come across you claiming that you had to go after Trevor because he was "seeking to destroy my way of life".

al

his

ere

No. That's a sweeping generalisation. Collective punishment is when you punish a cohort because of some action you don't like of a minority -- like Israel and the Gaza Strip (or vice versa, suicide bombings directed at Israelis as revenge for attacks on Gaza). The concept of air war is collective punishment when the bombing is of general areas rather than specific military targets.

You've dodged here John-Melb because the question is about what others are entitled to make of your threats to attack the group for their failure to do your bidding in relation to Trevor's material on guns appearing in aus.electronics.

.

on

t's

One can't infer that because they failed to respond to Trevor but responded to you that it was the direction of your content that troubled them. Trevor regularly posts in aus.electronics on topics that fit the group's purpose. You do not. You are an outsider in aus.electronics and Trevor is not, so ceteris paribus does not apply. All else but the content is not equal.

Apparently

That is where some have *arrived* as an incident to others x-posting. There's no need for you to contest the issue in aus.electronics, and had you responded to Trevor in one of the groups it was on-topic for and trimmed aus.electronics, it would not have continued to appear there.

The question is -- why?

I hear of rants against action on climate change being posted all over the internet. But you know what? I'm not offended. I disagree, and sometimes (very occasionally) I respond but I'm not offended. That's the way the world is. People get to rant and vent but in the end, whether more rant against my views or in my favour is moot. I don't see it as my job to confront every rant in the universe I don't like. At worst I note "oh ... another person who is ranting about [...]"

Why wouldn't you focus on defending your way of life in fora where people accept your terms, or at least think them germane?

Fran

Reply to
Fran

ote:

ey're

s here,

one

in the

uite

as I

as

=A0in

be

I beg to differ, you expect us to behave like gentlemen while this idiot launches his anti-gun venom from any direction he can? You're dreaming.

inal

ch to

ent

t his

were

ght

Kinda like Australia for gun owners in 1996 and 2002?

te.

hey

m on

up

It's

se

Lately he's been posting on topics that don't fit the group's purpose, and others there don't seem to mind.

-

But it has continued to appear there, and there is every need to respond on aus.electronics because that's where the comments appeared.

Maybe John has some respect for freedom of speech

Because Trevor is attacking our way of life on aus.electronics, rather hard to understand isn't it........

Reply to
Thomas

Except for aus.electronics, you seem to be doing a real good job there just by yourself

Reply to
John - Melb

From the perpective where electronic smoke alarms or extinguishers are defensive and hopefully never used in a defensive role to protect self, family or community they are not diffeent from firearms.

It is silly to believe possessing one means you are `possessed` by evil to commit evil..

They aren't used till they sense particles in the air and trip their alarm..

- till then they are quietly irradiating you with nooclear radiation 8^0

Hopefully you get enough training in the proper use of extinguishers to be capable and experienced with their effective use to compliment any training with evacuation procedures.

Reply to
regn.pickford

s.com...

self,

Not really, hasn't our favourite zealot previously claimed that there is ample evidence that the mere possesion of an inanimate object is capable of changing a cognitive persons intent?

m..

That's a very relevant comment, you'd be surprised how many people during fire awareness training grab the wrong bloody extinguiser for the type of fire.

Reply to
John - Melb

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@12g2000pri.googlegroups.com...

I have been at odds with ` **T ' once or twice. He's a difficult poster to pin down, actually, impossible to pin down as he completely fails to acknowledge when your arguement has superiority.

His arguement is based simply on "if there are no firearms then people will not be killed /injured./maimed with firearms".

A perfect example is he does not accept the drug wars in Victoria killing

25+ people over a few years are _linked_ as a `mass killing` because they did not happen on the same day. Which allows him to preach Howard's gun laws of 1996 have been effective in preventing mass killings (with firearms).

nonsense of course.

I know an example on one occasion where a young lady (whom I dated ) fainted when she came out from some back room and found the oil cooking fryers on fire.(fish n chips shop) So the training has to be pretty comprehensive if you intend to get around basic human reactions to imminent disaster.

Reply to
regn.pickford

And Tosspot's foul-mouthed sock puppet finally makes an appearance...........

Reply to
John - Melb

And Tosspot's foul-mouthed sock puppet finally makes an appearance...........

So you snip the thread and try to change the subject to a personal attack. ROTFLMAO. Why don't you act your age, or at least the age you claim.

Reply to
Blinky Bill

snipped-for-privacy@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...

.

Showed up to giive us some more of you public toilet comments have you?

Reply to
John - Melb