Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

sla battery charging require ments.
hi, how can i work out the float charging requirements for a : 12 v sla and 6 volt sla mark
8
8

Farnell's repricing gets up my nose
Hi there, One day I may script something to check more purchases, but this will do as a recent example of Farnell Australia's repricing policy: Farnell Australia price rises over 14 days. Order placed...
2
2

Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?
Hi all, I'd like to know if anyone has been able to succesfully and easily obtain a refund from dealextreme? I ask as I bought an oscilloscope on dealextreme last moth (yes, August) and still waiting...
9
9

Analogue or digital function generator ?
I need a function generator to help with my electronics course. when I am finished the course, I will be learning to design loudspeaker crossovers / filters. Can someone advise whether a digital FG...
3
3

Futurlec part substitution
Just a heads up about parts being substituted by Futurlec Components: I ordered some LMC555CN CMOS type 555 timers from Futurlec, and like over a year ago they sent bipolar transistor based Hitachi...
4
4

Maybe a good product idea that could be 'nabbed' by anyone
Hi all, I've been thinking about this product for quite a while now, and I may be wrong but it could be a great way to globally save electricity & maybe even lives. In an earlier Silicon Chip article...
9
9

ABC broadcasting technical history
In the recent post on climbing the tower, someone mentioned a book on ABC technical gear. I've tracked it down, URL follows. May be of interest to some. It's apparently been written by one of their...
3
3

Private Caller......
Sorry it's a little ' off topic '. I'm getting at least six calls a day on my landline with ' Private Caller'.....displaying. Listening closely, the line is silent. No tone at all. I let it dial out...
8
8

Owen Hill & Microbee
Does anyone happen to know how to get in touch with Owen Hill of Microbee fame? I know someone who is trying to find him for an Australian electronics industry documentary. Thanks. Dave.
8
8

Climbing a 540 metre transmitter antenna
I'd have trouble doing this guys job:
40
40

Who needs the NBN, when a dial-up account will do just fine?
Who needs the NBN, when a dial-up account will do just fine? If we got rid of the 85%+ of all emails which is spam, worm & virus attacks, DOS attacks, we could all go back to dial-up accounts. :-)...
9
9

Re: Suck Ses!
so who writes the legislation? Just look at the success USA has had with computerised voting. Now you can have the same in your own home! Expect to see laws protecting botnet operators passed. ---...
2
2

Telstra Business to close regional call centre
Telstra Business to close regional call centre Sep 15, 2010 2:27 PM Community petitions Thodey to intervene. Telstra has moved to close a 108-seat business call centre in the northern NSW city of...
6
6

Dick Smith again
Having a huge clean-up (don't ask) and under some things behind some things (don't ask)I found a Dick Smith CRO. Cat No must be more than thirty years old. I think it cost about $120. It still works.

Basic HTML in GMail rocks!
Try it! Pages load in 1 second not 5. And if you're not using Chrome it takes 2 minutes to download. If you're a Chrome user and have to use IE for something you will not believe that your ever used...
2
2