Futurlec part substitution

Just a heads up about parts being substituted by Futurlec Components:

I ordered some LMC555CN CMOS type 555 timers from Futurlec, and like over a year ago they sent bipolar transistor based Hitachi HA17555 timer IC's. Last time they offered to replace them with the CMOS version and promptly sent more HA17555 but insisted they were the cmos thing in spite of supplying datasheet details that said otherwise.

Long after I gave up and ordered a few tubes from Farnell (one tube of which turned out to be an 8 pin DIP

5V regulator).Long after I'd written off Futurlec's order I did get some real LMC555CN's from Futurlec but way to late to fill my order.

Obviously with orders spaced a fair while apart getting the same wrong part, they routinely make the cheaper substitution.

Anyway today after as couple of days and two emails (The Australian one just ignored the request) they offered a refund: I said I be happy to do so if they change their catalogue:

"That would be great! but only if you alter your catalogue >to stop selling parts you don't actually have."

It remains to be seen if it will happen. As I bought from their Australian operation I wonder if any local consumer laws apply.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Yet he's still managed to update the website to remove the ABN that used to be on there...

abr.business.gov.au reports the currently active ABN as "35 120 152 865".

--
Chris
Reply to

(snip)

Mark, unless things have changed fairly recently they don't actually_have_an_Australian_operation. It is ALL in Thailand. The local contact numbers *were* Alan's mother, who only ever answered on Saturdays (in a time window when Alan used to ring her). And if you ever get a Thai phone number for them, chisel it in stone somewhere - all my extensive enquiries both on and off the web have turned up nothing.

I have only rarely ordered parts from them - 95% of my orders are for proto (HASL) pcb's.

Reply to
fly on the wall

howsz this ?

no one

Sorry, no cigar - that's always been there.

Have you tried actually RINGING the Thai number?

Reply to
fly on the wall