faucet using IPv6, not IPv4... why?

I installed netpipes on an RPi running raspbian. faucet 9999 --in cat whines opening stream socket: Address family not supported by protocol Using strace to see what the problem is, I see socket(PF_INET6, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_TCP) = -1 EAFNOSUPPORT (Address family not supported by protocol)

Using faucet on my laptop (running Slackware) I see socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_TCP) = 3

I've searched the web, but can't see any solutions to this problem. (The nearest thing I found was someone who suggested to edit /etc/gai.conf, which I don't think is relevant, but in desperation I tried uncommenting "precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100" anyway, to no avail.)

ifconfig shows only IPv4 addresses for both eth0 and lo. I'm a bit boggled as to why faucet is not only preferring IPv6 but also giving up completely when that doesn't work.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks.

Jim

Reply to