(web) raspberry pi thermal printer "polaroid"

short url: https://ieee-polaroid.on-a.pizza/

Retrofit a Polaroid Camera With a Raspberry Pi and a Thermal Printer

Get black-and-white images instantly, and save high-resolution color images for later

[...]

I decided to convert a Polaroid instant camera--the sort that spits out self-developing paper photographs--into a digital camera. Initially, I was planning to stop there: If I wanted to print out any of the photos I would simply grab them via a wireless connection. But I felt that wasn't in the spirit of a Polaroid, so I began researching printers. Once I found out that Adafruit sold the guts of a thermal printer for US $40--just the print head and driver board from a thermal receipt machine--I immediately knew it was perfect for adding instant photographs.

Similar earlier project:

or https://polaroid.on-a.pizza/

Elijah

------ very tempted and probably has a suitable polaroid already