How to configure a FPC-Ide?

Hello F!

Thursday March 17 2022 07:24, you wrote to All:

=>> sudo apt-get install fpc

You need to install all components from FPC such as src, doc and build along with the Pi version fpc-3.2.2.arm-linux-raspberry-2.tar.

For Lazarus it look best to grab from the GIT code repo having installed GIT onto your system first.

Lazarus is the frontend IDE Rapid applications development tool and libraries for FPC available from :

You may well need to install other required components such as dev libraries so read the docs for both for installing.

Personally I would not recommend installing all this on a SD - it will be painfully slow - heck its bad enough using a SSD or HDD.

Vincent

Reply to
Vincent Coen

Excuse me, I am wrong here. But in other groups and with Google, I do not find any answer since weeks.

I use FreePascal, namely Lazarus. This offers a Textmode IDE. But that do not work on Raspi OS. I can start it, but I can not compile ("Unit System not found"). A unit is a module like those #included in C.

I tried on a fresh Raspi OS installation:

=> sudo apt-get install fpc

On my Ubuntu it works without an configuration. On my Pis not. I can not explain the differences.

What should I look for? Thanx!

FW

Reply to
F. W.

There are various fp-units-* packages. Try installing them (all)? fp-units-base and fp-units-rtl look like prime suspects.

(I'm looking from Ubuntu, but expect RaspiOS packages share the same names)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Am 17.03.2022 um 07:24 schrieb F. W.:

In the IDE I went to Options/Directories/Unit Directory

and put

/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/fpc/3.2.0/units/arm-linux/rtl/

in.

Then the program compiled and ran.

FW

Reply to