Popular FPC dimensions

For a size constraint project I want to use FPC-connectors and cables. There seem to exist all pitches/pin-count combinations. Since I want to use at least two connectors I am somewhat free to choose. One would expect a consolidation in this domain so that some combinations would be easier available, existence of breakout boards, adapters, etc. The only widespread standard interface I am aware of is the cameras and displays on the Raspberry-Pi and similar boards. But there should be other, larger segments that might have standardized pin-count/pitches for Flex-cables.

I tried to find out through pricing, hit-count on Alibaba and friends but the result was not clear.

Advice appreciated.

Andreas

Reply to
acd

The usual method is to look for zillions in stock at the distributors.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Half-pitch ribbon cables are cheap and multi-sourced. It's easy to get or make cables of any length.

lunatic fringe electronics