How to configure linux kernel with minimal size?

Hi,

I was wondering how an embedded system developer will typically configure/customize an embedded linux kernel ? Suppose I know that the only user application is mp3 player, how do I get a miminal size of linux kernel? Just use "menuconfig"? Is there some kind of automated approach I can depend on to infer knowledge from the applications about how to configure the kernel?

Thanks

Haifeng

Reply to
hehaifeng2nd