Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

When to reboot after upgrade
Is there a way to determine if an impending upgrade will need a reboot to place the changes in effect? I tend to check for upgrades at random, but often don't want to quit what I'm doing and reboot...
4
4

Compressing Ras Pi SD card image
I'm find it impossible to do this at the moment, and I need to do so, because I was surprised to find that SC card I'd built on is just about the max possible for 16G, so the image won't fit on any...
10
10

RPi4 + Kodi and performance
Hi, question might have been asked, but I can not find an answer easy (especially for my use case). I have very bad video performance on RPi4 + Debian + Kodi 18.9 IT is as if the video acceleration is...
6
6

The button of the pico in python?
Hi, I am not very experienced with Raspberry Pi(co) nor Python. I was given a R-Pico and enjoy learning about Python (as a former C-Programmer). Does anybody know how to get a signal if the button on...
6
6

Training
I bought a Pi4 and now ... Where can I get the best training on-line to work with the Pi4 hardware and learn to code for it too ? I want to make a remote control vehicle with a camera that I can drive...
16
16

iPhone on Raspberry Pi
I'd like to connect my Pi4 to my iPhone to download photos. The Bluetooth connection program under the Preferences menu seems able to connect, but won't allow me to browse the iphone. A cable...
21
21

TwisterOS
I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's just done a video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of Raspios. I've just set it up on one of my Pi 4s without too much trouble and it...
12
12

Looking for VNC
What term do you type in to find VNC-Server for RPI? FW
14
14

New to it...
I picked up a used Raspberry Pi 3, loaded Raspbian on 64 GB SD, a 128GB USB stick, and loaded Synchronet and Mystic BBS packages on it. I have pi-hole running in a proxmox cluster and may move it to...
4
4

Delayed access via VNC
I have done a couple of temperature measuring projects with different PIs (a Pi3 and a Pi Zero W) and am quite familiar with running them headless via VNC. I thought I would try my hand with a camera...
21
21

Crypto
Been perusing the 5,800 page ARM V8 manual and encountered a statement that the Crypto option is subject to export control, so the RPi being sold into international markets certainly would not get...
1
1

RPi4 A72 processor cryptography?
Does the A72 CPU in the RPi4 have the optional cryptography extensions?
3
3

RPi400?
Which processor is fitted into that integrated solution? RPi4?
10
10

pcmanfm using a whole CPU
Task Manager says that on my RPi 4B, pcmanfm is using a whole CPU (25% or so overall). Any good reason this should be so? Thanks,
3
3

world wide Pi shortage
anyone lse seeing this? -- (aka 'Bombastic Bob' in case you wondered) 'Feeling with my fingers, and thinking with my brain' - me 'your story is so touching, but it sounds just like a lie' "Straighten...
8
8