TwisterOS

I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's just done
a video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of Raspios. I've just set
it up on one of my Pi 4s without too much trouble and it works well.
Watch the video and see if you want to try it.

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to techie

Re: TwisterOS

 AD> I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's just done a
 AD> video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of Raspios. I've just set it
 AD> up on one of my Pi 4s without too much trouble and it works well. Watch
 AD> the video and see if you want to try it.

I watched that with interest and ordered another Pi 4. Think that means I have
an addicition lol

Sean

--- AfterShock/Android 1.6.7
 * Origin: a mobile point (2:263/1.2)

Re: TwisterOS

When do you think the Pi 5 will be out?

Tomorrow because you just bought a 4, or in many years because I'm
holding off buying another pi until the 5 comes out.

Re: TwisterOS

Ha! YouTuber Jeff Geerling alluded to a possible Pi 4+ or 5 in his
recent review video of the new PoE+ HAT (which he doesn't recommend). I
don't think it was inside info though, just some speculation about a
possible use case for that PoE+ board.

Re: TwisterOS

Shirley, apart from making it easier to power camera-equipped RPis in
birdboxes badger setts, eagle nests, etc. their main use would be to
simplify wiring in an RPI4-based Beowulf system.

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org

Re: TwisterOS

The original HAT is good for that. Watch the video.

Re: TwisterOS

And/or see
https://www.martinrowan.co.uk/2021/06/raspberry-pi-poe-hat-review-part-2-problems/

Re: TwisterOS
-=> Pancho wrote to snipped-for-privacy@p2.f.n263.z2.fidonet.org <=-

 Pa> When do you think the Pi 5 will be out?

 Pa> Tomorrow because you just bought a 4, or in many years because I'm
 Pa> holding off buying another pi until the 5 comes out.

That sounds right either way. I hope they hold off as I want to get a display
for my Volumio box

Sean

... tcob1: telnet and http tcob1.duckdns.org

TwisterOS
Hello Sean!

Thursday June 17 2021 17:09, you wrote to All:

 AD>> I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's
 AD>> just done a video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of
 AD>> Raspios. I've just set it up on one of my Pi 4s without too much
 AD>> trouble and it works well. Watch the video and see if you want to
 AD>> try it.

 > I watched that with interest and ordered another Pi 4. Think that
 > means I have an addicition lol

I am still waiting for the release of the case and HDD mobo to connect to the
Pi4B to be available as I am running similar for the 3B+.

Hopefully they will get back in to producing it - Covid19 allowed.

Vincent

Re: TwisterOS
-=> Vincent Coen wrote to Sean Rima <=-

 AD>> I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's
 AD>> just done a video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of
 AD>> Raspios. I've just set it up on one of my Pi 4s without too much
 AD>> trouble and it works well. Watch the video and see if you want to
 AD>> try it.

 > I watched that with interest and ordered another Pi 4. Think that
 > means I have an addicition lol

 VC> I am still waiting for the release of the case and HDD mobo to connect
 VC> to the Pi4B to be available as I am running similar for the 3B+.

 VC> Hopefully they will get back in to producing it - Covid19 allowed.

I never got around to using that mobo, I tend to use slim factor PCs for stuff
that handle extra HD

Sean

... tcob1: telnet and http tcob1.duckdns.org

Re: TwisterOS
I have that running here on an RPi 400, running the excellent
PlanePlotter Windows software:

   http://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotter.htm

--
Cheers,
David

Check "leepspvideo" and "Jeff Geerling" on Youtube. They have almost
daily Raspberry videos

Thomas Wendell
Re: TwisterOS
 AD> I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's just done
 AD> a video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of Raspios. I've just set
 AD> it up on one of my Pi 4s without too much trouble and it works well.
 AD> Watch the video and see if you want to try it.
 AD>
 AD> Another Dave
 AD> --

I like Twister... but its main feature is box86, so you can run x86 Linux apps
on a Raspberry Pi.

I still think Rasberry Pi OS runs better on the Pi... and you can install a few
apps to get some of the features of Twister. IMO, add Commander Pi, Pi Apps,
Pi-KISS and any theming you want and most users would be better served.

I think a lot of Twister users DON'T use the box86 functions - not saying that
you don't, and not saying that Twister is no good. Just mentioning that most of
the oooooohh's and ahhhhhh's of Twister is just the add-ons they have
installed.

I do like the Win10 theme, but... I just popped it into my Raspberry Pi OS
setup. Anyway, just food for thought. Glad you like it - I do have a Twister OS
SD Card. For running x86 games.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

Site Timeline