Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Raspi Pico: C-API in /home?
Good morning, after APT-GET the Raspberry Pico API all C-Headers are installed in /home. Did I make a mistake oder is it a repeatable error? Thanx FW
5
5

RPi3: Passwort für Fernzugriff vergessen
Hallo, ich habe hier ein Raspberry Pi 3b, der seit ca. 4 Jahren problemlos es ein neues Passwort zu setzen?
7
7

Disaster recovery, how to automate as far as possible?
Recently (like last week-end) my Pi that runs local DNS died, I did an 'apt update;apt upgrade', the /boot partition went read only and there was no kernel to boot from (the "7 short flashes" code...
41
41

Telnet
I want to telnet from my rpi (buster) to another computer as a 'VT100' (or similar, vt102 etc) terminal. I don't want to mess up my lxterminal for rpi use. Suggestions? --Steve
92
92

DAC + amp for Raspberry Pi
I've had excellent experiences with several Allo DACs, and also the Pimoroni pHAT DAC. I now need a very small set-up to drive a pair of small bookshelf speakers. It doesn't need to serve any thing...
9
9

Samba (smb/cifs)
My rpi2 running buster needs to provide guest access as a smb1 server. How do I know what samba version I am running? How do I force smb1, not 2 or 3? --Steve
8
8

Mystery solved
A was wondering why the last two Raspbian updates did now't: now I understand why, because a piece in El Reg today says that Debian Buster gets replaced by Bullseye in mid-August with, presumably...
3
3

Swap rpi3 to rpi4 with same SD card
Hello, I just got a rpi4, ans seen that I have too many thing installed on my rpi3, I want to take the sd card from the rpi3 and put it on the rpi4. I'm following this tutorial but I have a problem...
2
2

Pi lightweight server with USB SSD instead of powered HDD?
Hi, For a lightweight server based on a Pi 3 or 4, the recommendation was to use an externally powered USB hard drive (rather than powering it from the Pi's USB port) for better reliability. Now that...
109
109

and now another one
The previous problem is fixed I replaced the driver 8188eu.OK But when I reboot the address on the wlan0 is 192.168.0.17 outside my network 192.168.0.xx I can't figure out where that com from? I can...
11
11

ipv6
Hello, I have disabled ipv6 on my Raspberry, by configuring /etc/ but still port 22 (ssh) is hold by tcp6. netstat show tcp6 ..22[ssh] ..1/init ? no more inet6 on ifconfig when I try starting sshd...
7
7

SD Card Copier
I have a Raspberry Pi 4b with the latest Buster Desktop running some weather station software on a 400GB SD. I have used sudo raspi-config and set it to boot from a USB disk if present. I want to...
4
4

Windows 11 on a Raspi 400...
...it runs. But is only for the curious and patient ones... :-D FW
16
16

Pi Zero W as a "Raspicast"
Hi everyone, I have a Chromecast, it works pretty well but I also have a Raspberry Pi Zero W and as I don't love Google's ways I'd like to replace it with the Rpi so that I don't need their hardware...

Pi 4 metal top of processor
Does anyone know if this is *fully* isolated from the gubbins? Measurements with an ordinary digital meter suggests that it is, but I'd like to be sure. The unit I'm developing has a grounded diecast...
22
22