Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this thing?
Bought this at a thrift store yesterday. Don't have a clue what it is. Took it outside to get some photos of it and it starts making noise. No plugs or jacks on the outside and what looks like a...
5
5

Vizio
Hi! If you had a Vizio Mdl27F520T without stanby voltage, Is the best and easiest way to fix it,replace the power supply board? Vince
1
1

Dead pixels on CRT
How does a CRT end up with a vertical line of dead pixels? Sylvia. http://tinyurl.com/yz3eko4
21
21

Circuit Board Carbon Arc
I have a 55 year old door chime clock and the board has carbon arcs which is causing a short. I have seen boards with this problem before and they were repaired using some type of filler. What is...
9
9

Laser printer gloat
This inspired by the mini-thread in the thread up yonder about HP DeskJet printers. Actually something of a reverse gloat, along the lines of "my old printer still works; does yours?". Got my HP...
47
47

RCA model F36688, CH. CTC197CN5, wierd symptoms
This set came on, autoprogrammed normally and ran for a half hour and apparently shut off while I had left the room. I turned it back on when i returned and it ran for a few minutes and then all of a...
1
1

12AX7, 7025, ECC83. ETC
I have a Fender reissue model guitar amp in for service. It has 2 Fender 12AX7's that are microphonic. These are Chinese manufacture. I have replaced them with 5814's which is some sort of 12AU7 type...
9
9

Yamaha YST-SW315 sub ...
Can anyone tell me the value of R20 (right at the output - poss part of Zobel network ??) or better yet, have a PDF copy of the schematics that they can let me have ? TIA Arfa
2
2

Carlsbro S600M, 1981 600W slave amp
If anyone should have any info on the triac ? mains power protection, or maybe similar Carlsbro amp , th/sw on heatsink plus other stuff monitored presumably. Its in an awkward area to get to, a lot...
13
13

Hardware flakiness (Windoze BSOD)
So I made up a SCSI cable for the scanner I got off the street (literally), an Agfa SnapScan 1236. (Had to cobble up the cable since my SCSI host adapter has a high-density socket but the scanner has...
26
26

Adding a 6v boost to a 12v battery charger
Let's try casting the net a bit further...anyone else have a suggestion as to how to do a conversion? Thanks TMT
20
20

How to make the HP DeskJet 500 print a 'test page'
Forgot how to print a 'test page' not the one from MS, but the one built in that tests all the jets. Also, anyone out there have a DeskJet 500 Manual? Operator's and/or Service?
35
35

Kill-a-Watt surprises
Its been pointed that you don't really need a watt or watt-hour meter to save money -- you just turn off things you're not using. This is not altogether true. My electric bill was ridiculous, so I...
36
36

Washing M/C will not Spin
My Japanese washing machine can not spin but will wash alright. the solenoid pulls alright but the tub will just not spin the agitator moves in spin mode.
5
5

Difference btn a stabilizer and a regulator.
Can anyone give me the difference between a stabilizer and a regulator? Thanks Also the advantages and disadvantages diode valve and valves in general.
1
1