Marshall amp limpet knobs, uk ?

How come I cannot seem to find a UK supplier of the standard gold/copper capped domes ? I'm not talking e-bay apparent/scam suppliers , I may as well mould my own. They are not undercut so could not be easier , the flutes could be slightly tapered for easier removal, slightly dyed varnish over spun Al caps etc etc

Reply to
N_Cook

Marshall sell them, try a music shop.

Reply to
Ron

own.

slightly

etc

I could not find them on

these things (USA supplier though)

N_Cook

My Local music shop has them bubble packed on a card with the proper Marshall logo, they also stock strap handles, vents, cabinet corners etc.

Reply to
Ron

gold/copper

etc

I got away with it this week, enquiry more for future reference, as Googling got nowhere (for UK) . Pot plus switch so a knob with grub screw, rusted onto the shaft. Needed to remove to get at bad solder joints under pcb. As (this one anyway) did not use a captive nut for the grub I could locally heat up the grub (plumbers ptfe wrapped around conical soldering iron tip) and remove without damaging the knob irretrievably. This one was silver jubilee version and black , rather than dark brown, plastic with "silver" spun cap , plus grub screw - would those be available in a local music shop? Great advantage of moulding your own would be that colour varaition is no problem , nor grub variant and you can just as easily vary for D or O shaft of pot if the occassion arises

N_Cook

Buy from Korg.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I buy mine from Marshall. They are not expensive

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

As a resident of a country west of the Atlantic Ocean, what is a "grub" Here, it is an insect that in its early stages lives underground before metamorphasing into something that lives above ground.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Headless setscrew commonly used for fastening knobs, pulleys etc. to shafts. Small varieties look like grubs (insect variety) hence the name.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

As a resident of a country west of the Atlantic Ocean, what is a "grub" Here, it is an insect that in its early stages lives underground before metamorphasing into something that lives above ground.

These look quite insect like to me. (shudder)

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Trade or private sale ?

N_Cook

As a resident of a country west of the Atlantic Ocean, what is a "grub" Here, it is an insect that in its early stages lives underground before metamorphasing into something that lives above ground.

assed to next update of my file

N_Cook

Marshall will sell cosmetic spares (and valves) to anyone who bothers to contact them. They are (or at least were) listed and illustrated in their catalogue.

Reply to
Ron

Trade. You have to apply and be verified as a Bona Fide tech before they will sell you any parts that might cause your death, but knob caps are not in this category AFAIK. Give them a ring and ask.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

per

tc

tm

Hope you meant "added"

Reply to
hrhofmann

gold/copper

etc

file

on

Hope you meant "added"

Although first snow of the winter here it was surprisingly gloomy this morning and am not a touch typist.

Reply to
N_Cook