Subject Author Posted Replies

VIDEO Lasar rifle just used? (Ukraine)
-- (01:59 sec) Ukrainian Soldiers Caught In Ambush. 🔔 SUBSCRIBE TO US ► https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn8re-2hJ2skux1CsAXKhyw?sub_confirmation=1 ► For more Ukraine war footage go to:...

USB drive on celfon
Some celfons don't recognise USB flash drives, others do. I believe it is some arcane setting I don't know. Any Clues? Sorry for posting here, but this newsgroup has repeatedly proven the most...
7
7

Midway game - Hi-Striker - calibration and setup....
Anyone here ever worked on the midway (Theme Park) style hammer game American Hi-Striker X-Treme made around 2002 by Coastal Amusements in the USA? These have a panel of LED boards going up around 30...
2
2

American audio MCD 510 will not read Cds
Hello all..my American audio MCD 510 will not read Cds Will not read Cds therefore not play...on both CD player..the CDs turn ...also when remote is connected the eject buttons on base will not work...
15
15

Why I like to help people with (Electronics) Problems and help people fix things.
A frequent responder here asked me about my motives for coming on here and posting my remarks on a use net post. So, I thought I would answer that question. My motives are to truly offer advice to...
18
18

[SOLVED] Repair of Samsung 55" TV - backlight problem
Friends of mine have a Samsung 55" 4K TV, model UN55HU6840 (about 2014). They say they can hear audio, but the screen is black. I'd like to take a shot at fixing it for them since they don't really...
35
35

Is battery leakage suddenly more common?
I went to replace the AA in a kitchen timer and found it had leaked out of both ends. I think I've had more of these leak in the past year or so than in the previous ten. Is there something different...
25
25

Rubber beading on high voltage cable insulation
Hey all, Just curious what you think about this. The photos at the link are showing large gauge wire used on a vintage 600 VDC rail vehicle. We're talking 1930's electric streetcar technology....
5
5

Radio Reception - Massive Electrical Interference
Hi! I just moved to an apartment and wanted to keep my radio in the bathroom, same as I did in the last place I lived. Only problem with this place is that the main electrical drop to the building is...
14
14

duff screen detection.
Just finished relamping a very modest flat screen, only to discover that the screen itself was damaged. Any way to see this without backlighting? RL
3
3

Re: VCR plays color tapes in B&W only?
Check the luminance/chrominance [luma/chroma] circuitry that controls the picture output in black and white and color. I would check the 3.58 MHz crystal oscillator also on the video output as well....
10
10

Olson Components
All: This last Saturday, we went to a 'flea market' in Freeland, PA (Freeland Marketplace), that, while otherwise utterly depressing, had in one obscure corner an Olson stereo integrated tube...
1
1

Motorola transceivers.
Hi, I was given the Motorola transceivers visible here. concerned about the acquisition can email me, peter at easthope dot ca . Can the two models, Mag One BPR40 and CLS1413, interoperate? If so what...
11
11

Re: NABER Certification
I too received my NABER certification paperwork and card back around 1986. I recall having to drive up to L.A. from San Diego and taking a long test covering all type of electronic, RF, Television and...
4
4

1970s Flymo (21") ignition
My ancient Flymo points are worn out and the original Ducati set of points is now unobtanium - so I thought this looks like a good solution and benefits from not having to dismantle to set the points...