Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)

Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker) Anyone repaired one of these? No help on YouTube. Motor runs. Print head works but no feed of the tape so just prints in one place! Must be a clutch somewhere but looks difficult to dismantle and get at anything because the LED display panel is not a removable ribbon connector - its one of those cheap stuck on wide multi ribbons that are one time only.. Anyone taken one to bits and knows how the drive train goes? TIA

Reply to
Charlie+

I've got a working one here, although I can't say I've tried to disassemble the tape mechanism.

It seems like there are three things that need to happen for the tape to feed properly: first, the print head needs to hold the tape against the print roller (the print head retracts when the cassette door is open, you can see it move into place as you close the door). Second, the print roller needs to turn. Third, there's a black plastic shaft that engages with a supply roller inside the tape cassette, and this should also turn.

If you hold the rear door half-closed while pressing the "Print" button, it should be possible to see which of these things aren't happening. It'll run with no tape cassette installed, which may make it easier to see which parts aren't moving.

Regards, Rayner

Reply to
Rayner Lucas

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 04:51:11 +0100, Rayner Lucas snipped-for-privacy@magic-cookie.co.ukNOSPAMPLEASE> wrote as underneath :

Thanks for your reply, I'll try with the door open a bit and see what happens! From what I see inside the printer I have a feeling these units are not meant to be repaired - go or throw :( Thanks.. C+

Reply to
Charlie+

I have a Dymo 109 (I think, kinda stylized font) and a Dymo D1. I've seen this exact thing happen, and in every case it has been the tape not starting correctly through the little loop, idler, whatever you call it. Or a faulty tape of course.

Reply to
Tim R

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 14:37:34 -0700 (PDT), Tim R snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote as underneath :

!Thanks - I wish it were so simple.. C+