Wtd: Heathkit IT-2232 Component Tracer Instructions

Does anyone have operating instructions for a Heathkit IT-2232 "Component Tracer"? I just picked one up at a swap meet but there was no manual. Here's a picture of the unit:

-Thanks

Reply to
Sofa Slug

Bob, you can always try the Yahoo! user group for Heathkits. Very active group, and they've been helpful in the past.

Pete

Reply to
Tio Pedro

On 02/22/2009 09:08 AM, Sofa Slug sent:

--
1PW  @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
Reply to

I appreciate the link. Unfortunately, they want about $25 (w/tax + shipping) for a COPY. I might pay that for an original, but I think that's excessive for a copy of unknown quality. BTW, this is the guy that bought the rights to the Heathkit name and is reselling their manuals.

Reply to
Sofa Slug

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the tip - I will check out the group. BTW, I'm not Bob ...just call me Sofa :)

Reply to
Sofa Slug

This guy seems to be behind the disappearance of most free Heath manuals from the web. E.g. Bama has only an empty directory left for Heath manuals. Manuals from before 1964 might not be hit, however, if Heath did not renew copyrights for them.

As to copy or original: I wouldn't mind, because all I'd need was the information in it. As to price: You might try to sell it on eBay, after having copied it.

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:56:05 +0100, Heinz Schmitz put finger to keyboard and composed:

IMO user manuals and service manuals should be free.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Sofa Slug vient de nous annoncer :

Did you try it ?

With kind regards

Reply to
Alpigo

The manual & schematic links don't work, but the catalog ad is helpful enough where I can probably figure out how to operate it.

-Thanks

Reply to
Sofa Slug

The Huntron Tracker instructions should give you a great idea on how to use it and how different components good or bad should look.

Paul P.

Reply to
Paul P

Paul P

Ok, I just stumbled across this article in Electronic Design:

And I quote (from page 2): " So despite the fact that almost everyone thought Heathkit died, it still exists and is still doing well. Check out its Web site at

The company?s new address is 2024 Hawthorne Avenue, St. Joseph, Mich. 49085. Call 269-925-6000 or 800-253-0570. Many of the original Heathkit employees are still with the company, and that ?we won?t let you fail? attitude still prevails."

Interestingly enough, this conflicts with what the guy at d8apro has to say about things.

"Data Professionals of Pleasanton California has purchased the Copyrights and existing inventory of all legacy Heathkit product documentation from Heath Company of Benton Harbor Michigan for an undisclosed amount. The new company will make copies of the original legacy manuals available to the marketplace via its web site and through eBay and PayPal."

So, which is correct?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey D Angus

As per your suggestion, I was able to get all the info I needed on the Heathkit Tracer from someone on the Yahoo Heathkit Group. Thanks!

Reply to
Sofa Slug

Thanks - I appreciate the link; some of the info there is indeed also applicable to the Heathkit Tracer.

Reply to
Sofa Slug

That's Heathkit Educational Systems (HES). They sell the educational and training kits only.

They sell Heathkit manuals, parts, pieces, and service. Not that there are no educational kits listed.

Both. There's no overlap unless you want a manual on one of the old educational kits.

It appears that HES owns all the Heathkit trademarks. Digging through the US Patent and Trademark mess for "heathkit":

Looks like documents and manuals part of the trademark also belong to HES, not d8apro, which might cause some problems:

# 831-336-2558            jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
# http://802.11junk.com               jeffl@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com               AE6KS
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

According to the contract drawn up between both parties, "Data Professionals" (aka Don Peterson) now holds all rights to the Heathkit company's "Legacy Manual Duplication and Distribution" business:

Sofa Slug