Wanted: Solartron 7150 Plus service manual / disassembly instructions

Hi, My Solartron 7150plus has just gone up in a puff of smoke - I was watching the meter, then I looked away for a few seconds and it started hissing and grey smoke started pouring out the back (around the mains connector). Does anyone have a copy of the service manual for this beast? The T&M dealers I've talked to have copies of the 7150 manual, but not the 7150plus one. I need a copy of the disassembly instructions and schematics. Solartron Analytical did offer to sell me a copy of the manual.. for £100. Far too expensive IMO, especially when the meter only cost me £50.

Thanks, Phil. snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com

Reply to
Philip Pemberton

Does it still work? Geo

Reply to
Geo

Yeah, but the mains filter is utterly cooked. Looks like a capacitor vented, then ignited. I just spent an hour cleaning all the brown goo off the power supply board with isopropyl and Qtips. Thankfully the metal can more-or-less contained the damage - I just had to clean up the smoke residue.

Looks like I need to get a new mains inlet module though - the meter had a Schaffner FN372-2/21 fitted and the only distributor I can find has the FN37x series listed as discontinued (they only supply to businesses anyway).

I'm going to see if I can get in touch with someone at Schaffner UK who can provide me with the details of someone that can supply me with a replacement... I don't want 500 of them, I want one!

At least the meter still passes the powerup self-test... I'd still like a service manual though, just in case something goes wrong later. Nice to see that it hasn't needed any repair work though - all the chips have 1988 datecodes, which makes it about 17 years old. Heh.

Later.

--
Phil.                              | Acorn RiscPC600 SA220 64MB+6GB 100baseT
philpem@philpem.me.uk              | Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxe R2 512MB+100GB

That what I guessed - could not remember if it had IEC type filter or individual

430V caps.

Geo

Reply to
Geo

individual

A Schaffner FN372-2/21 IEC filter module. I've been told there may have been a duff batch made in the late 80s that got recalled. If that is the case.... Hmm...

Later.

-- Phil. | Acorn RiscPC600 SA220 64MB+6GB 100baseT snipped-for-privacy@philpem.me.uk | Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxe R2 512MB+100GB

| Panasonic CF-25 Mk.2 Toughbook No software patents! / ... Where do you find 100 talking invertebrates? The US Senate!

Reply to
Philip Pemberton