WTB: Used Working Degaussing Coil

I need to buy a degaussing coil this week. If you have one you no longer need please drop me a line. Thanks, James

james at rescuetron dot com

James

Buy a bulk tape eraser.

Reply to
Robert Bullock

Buy a degaussing coil.

MCM Electronics has them for $19.

Bret Pehrson

If you want a wimpy field, sure. If you might want to maybe degauss a frame or some monitor you can't get close to easily, something with more power and rinage might be useful. Plus, you can erase media with it.

Heck, why buy >> Buy a bulk tape eraser.

Reply to
Robert Bullock

I've degaussed frames w/ my wimpy 19" degaussing coil, with the frame in place (coil is thin enough to slide between frame and cabinet).

*Never* had the need to do bulk erasing of media.

Sure, you can cobble anything together. In fact, why cobble anything together, just use an electric drill or soldering gun.

Personally I prefer to drop a $20 on a commercial product that was intended for this purpose. Just giving the OP additional options other than a (what I consider) an ill-suited item such as a bulk media eraser.

Reply to
Bret Pehrson

I dunno... I just have a typical Radio Shack gun-style soldering gun and it's worked perfectly every time. No need for a coil at all...

Bill

Reply to
Weade