Hitachi FX623A

Hello All

Any experience with tape chewing on Hitachi FX623A? I have read the newsgroup tried to open the transport assembly. I have located the problem to a probably gear mechanism under the forward spool. In order to get to the assembly I think you have to dissassemble a bunch of springs and gears and a cage. Just wanted to be sure before I end up with missing parts.

Thanks a ton.

my

Reply to
mullising

Sounds like you're on the right track. IIRC a molded plastic retainer fails and the gear etc slip down on their shaft.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias