Sony CPD-200GS wavy distortion

I've got 3 of these things all with the same problem, they've got a wavy distortion at the top 3" of the picture when cold and 3/4" after about 30 mins. Also at some point during the warmup of the chassis, I've caught one of them losing sync for about a second then going back to 'normal', I'm thinking these symptoms may be related. I'm guessing at a bad cap in the deflection, damping or sync input circuits but have managed to misplace my ESR meter to hunt for it and no schematic. Anybody have this in their notes by chance.

TIA, Benjamin Jennings, MCP

Reply to
Benjamin Jennings, MCP

Benjamin: I had two 17" Dell (Sony) that had a wave or tareing at the top of the screen. It turned out to be a small electrolytic capacitor in the horizontal area near the flyback. I believe it was someting like 4.7 Uf at 250 V. Hope this helps..... John

Reply to
jdgill

Hi John,

You guessed it, I finally found my ESR meter this evening and sure enough, C573 4.7uF @ 250V is so far out of whack my meter won't even register it. Gonna try another cap in it tonight and see if it takes care of it.

Thanks for the kick in the right direction, Benjamin Jennings, MCP

Reply to
Benjamin Jennings, MCP