Why can't electronics on new washers & dryers be tougher?

Actually, I have changed a couple of panels in laptops and they were under $100. Parts have started to become more available and as more reasonable prices through the efforts of third parties. The parts may be far more expensive from the manufacturer of the laptop, but things are far better than they were a couple of years ago in this regard.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

It's quite possible that you're more up to date than I am, as it's been

10 years or so since I last was fixing laptops for a living. It was certainly true back then, though.
   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Hi!

It was a twelve volt coil variant, seemingly made of unobtainium. Believe me, I tried every option and even checked in here for help. :-)

It got to the point where I didn't think it was worth tinkering with it any longer.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Yes, except for his failed venture into a chain of all night greasy spoon diners where he was know as the 'Lard of Darkness'. ;-)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to